A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


A couple days ago, I was teaching a first grade class. The students in this class are awesome singers. They sing strong, they sing with character, and they sing from their hearts. We were learning a partner song, and after they successfully sung the song (they were divided into two groups and had to sing two melodies at once), I flipped out and told them how AWESOME they were.

"I knew you could do it!" I exclaimed.

"You knew we could do it because we are your best singing class," one of the students said.

"You are my best singing class," I agreed.

"We know we're your best singing class because we got to sing Happy Birthday to your mom on her birthday, and you only pick the best class to do that," one of the kids said. (It's true. Each year I pick my best class to call her and sing to her on her birthday.)

"It's a good thing your mom's birthday is toward the end of the year so you have time to figure out which class as the best at singing," another student said.

I agreed with them whole heartedly.

"You always have to give the best to your mom," I told the students. "Even when you are old like me, your mom is still your mom. She still takes care of you. Maybe not in the ways she takes care of you now. It will be in a different way. But she will always be your mom and you have to make sure you appreciate her and give her the very best."

"Are you a mom?" a student asked.

"Heck no, I have cats." 

(Okay I made that last part up to make you laugh!)


And now some more stuff to make you laugh...



(HEHEHE THAT'S ME!!!)

This card is for me haha!




Oh, and check out this link...


(Child free women AND mothers will laugh at this one!)

But seriously, I love you, MOMMA!


9 comments:

  1. The kids at school asked if I was a mother and I was "no, not yet." Not eve thinking and one of my co-workers was "Oh my god, don't say that, it will be rumored that you are pregnant!" I started laughing and said "oh okay, in 10 years, I'll have a child!"

    That was so sweet about your 1st grade class!!! Have a great day!
    PS~ I started to blog again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny, as soon as you wrote that you said, "Not yet," I thought- uh oh, rumors!!

      Delete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you. I know Christmas & Jelly are so lucky to have you as a mom. Such a cute story about your class. I love hearing stories about the kiddos! That article made me LOL--as I lay in bed drinking coffee on my rest day w/ no one bothering me to get up and face the world. I always had some people tell me I would regret it but I pretty much feel like that cheerleader picture up above. At 43 I know that besides marrying Rick this was really the best decision for me. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are one in the same- knowing that NOT having kids is the best decision for us!

      Delete
  3. Hahaha I love this post! Your students are adorable!

    Happy mother's day from one cat mom to another! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard being a cat mom. People just DON'T UNDERSTAND!

      Delete
  4. Aww, I love that story from your kids! Honestly, students make the best kids. We see them enough to truly get to know them, but we give them back at the end of the day! lol (I sometimes think teachers know kids better than their parents do!)

    Those e-cards KILLED ME. So accurate. It's like they're reading my mind!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Students definitely are the best kids. Nieces/nephews are great as well! Have fun, give them back! (Although when it is family, it's different! For some reason, nieces and nephews aren't annoying like OTHER people's kids!)

      Delete
  5. Those e-cards are perfect! I really enjoy celebrating my mother while not being a mother myself! The more my friends pop out kids, the more I realize how badly I don't want one.

    ReplyDelete