A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, May 4, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

GUYS, THIS IS MY 700th BLOG POST! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT? I post every day. That does not mean every post takes hours to create or is super thought provoking or bookmark worthy. But I hope the "fluff" is balanced out with a little bit of humor and a handful of actually thoughtful, well though out posts.

Anyway, thanks for reading! I know this is a tiny little blog and all I talk about sometimes is cats and puzzles... but that is my truth, so that is what you get. :)


I did not have a great week at all. By Friday, I was finally feeling human again. And I was excited because that morning, something EPIC was going to happen!

I went on my first run in 12 days You can read about it here. (Scroll to the bottom!)




That evening, we had my parents over for their Christmas dinner. (Making them dinner was one of their Christmas presents and we finally gave it to them!) Of course I didn't take any pictures because we had such a blast laughing and joking around the whole time!

When they left, I was exhausted. We watched two episodes of Survivor: Micronesia (Fans vs. Favorites from 2008). I am hating the season. I don't even want to finish it. If anyone who is really into Survivor reads my blog, you should email me and we can geek out together talking about Survivor!


I slept until 12:30 pm on Saturday afternoon. That's right. By the time I woke up, there was a Royal Baby! I am not too into the royal family, but I do think if I could get Will and Kate into street clothes and get a drink or two in them, they would be fun to have over for a game night!

Due to my pirimormis, the day's workout was going to be lots of walking and a chest session at Planet Fitness. It is sort of weird... "chest" is one of those muscles I don't really see on myself. It's just not one of those muscles where I look in the mirror and say, "Dang, look at my chest popping." 


That evening, we went out to eat with Paul's parents. We sat on the deck at TJ Rockwell's and laughed it up for an hour or two. I got a grilled Rachel, and it was DIVINE. I love Rachels. Since the portion sizes are huge and I wanted to have a yummy snack later, I boxed up half my Rachel. But I forgot it on the table. When we got to the car, I realized I forgot my box and literally ran back over to the table we were at. We were only gone two minutes but they had cleared off out table and threw my boxed sandwich away! I was so sad and pissed! Surely there should be a 5 minute grace period on boxed up food! They could still clear the table, but set the food aside just for a couple minutes. We really had only been gone 2 minutes. Ugh. If you want to piss me off, waste my time... or throw away my food.

After dinner, Paul and I went bopping around Marshall's and TJ Maxx. I got what I call "vacation purse"! 


It was only $14.99 and it is semi stylish, very practical, and is going to fit a lot of stuff in it. That way when we are exploring Santa Fe and San Diego and all that jazz, we can fit tons of stuff in my purse. Cameras, water, phones, snacks... OH MY WORD I CAN'T WAIT FOR VACATION! (Oh, and we are totally going to get a standard sized SUV for our rental car instead of the cheapest option. I know I will look forward to driving much more if I can sit up and be comfortable. Thanks everyone for your suggestions on that one!)

Oh hey, I figured out an outfit to wear those ugly/stylish shoes I got!


I love grabbing Jelly's butt!
I guarantee you I was saying, "I GOT YO BUTT!"



Despite getting horrible sleep the night before, I was in a surprisingly good mood when I woke up early Sunday morning. I lifted back, then went for a 5 mile walk while Paul played disc golf. It was gorgeous and I had pod casts. I would have rather it been a run but I am playing it safe. I am also foam rolling the shit out of my butt!





We went to the grocery store and my cereal was on sale for $1.99!!!
I got all they had!


That afternoon, me, Paul, and our friend Jen went to Theater Harrisburg to see The Addams Family Musical. Our friend Randy was in it and he played Uncle Fester. He is so freaking talented! The show was hilarious and I enjoyed it a lot, even though I had no clue what to expect.



Um, if there is an opportunity to get a picture with Lurch,
you get a picture with Lurch.

After the show we got food and drinks at Arooga's downtown.

Randy cleans up well, doesn't he?


It was gorgeous out, so we parked in City Island and walked everywhere. I am glad we did! It was wonderful to be out and about!



Aren't I a lucky gal!?

It was sandal weather, which meant I had to get out my nail polish and paint on some fake toenails!


And the Weekend Wrap Up would not be complete without a puzzle update... Remember this 1,000 piece puzzle I started?



I tried for almost 3 weeks...



I am back to 500 piece puzzles. I got a new one from Dollar General. But it is defective!



Look, two corner pieces!


 
Were you able to get out and enjoy the weather?
When was the last time you went to the theater?
Do you have real toenails or do you paint on fake ones?

28 comments:

  1. You did so many fun things this weekend! Your friend looks great in his lurch costume and makeup!

    I paint my toenails. I've been wearing Essie's Fashion Playground on them since February? I'm obsessed with the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I googled your nail color- very nice! I guess you Floridians have to have nice toes all year long. :)

      Delete
  2. You could totally geek out and talk to Rick about Survivor. He has watched every season since it started (I dropped out after about 4 seasons, but he's still going strong). Sounds like an awesome weekend!! We went to the theater on Saturday and it was so much fun. I was a happy girl cuz first we had bison burgers at our favorite restaurant then walked around outside before finishing at the show.
    Just got a pedicure on Thursday. My sister and I are very good about going every month. Just a little splurge for ourselves :) At least if you can't run you are getting some amazing walks in! Good for you, Megan!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yah I am walking like it is my JOB. Thank goodness for Survivor pod casts! Ask Rick what he thinks of Parvarti. Don't tell him I hate her before you get his opinion! I'm glad you had an awesome anniversary weekend. I never had a bison burger but I am sure I would like it.

      Delete
    2. When you come to Colorado if you get a chance to grab a bison burger at Ted's you must. So, so good and you can eat outside and check out all the happenings on Larimer Street. I just asked Rick about Pavarti and he said "well, she's kind of a joke; I can't believe she is still around". And then he started talking about how differently the game is played now....like he wanted to geek out and discuss w/ me and I gave him a look like "this conversation is over". LOL. He would love to chat w/ you about it for HOURS I am sure.

      P.S. does the walking hurt your PITA at all? I wonder what is different between running and walking that causes it to get angry.....

      Delete
    3. Today it was a little weird while I was walking which is strange because normally it does not. I'm stretching and foam rolling. Hope it helps. Cause if I can't walk what the hell will I do!?

      Sorry you almost got trapped into a Survivor talk with Rick. I am glad he doesn't like her. It makes me like Rick.

      Delete
    4. As soon as you get to the chiro, you will figure this all out! You and Rick would get along fabulously--watching Survivor and doing your puzzles and all. But he sort of took a puzzle sabbatical--I think that one that took him down followed by another hard one that he was never motivated to work on caused him to take pause. I need to check out some easier ones so the guy can build his confidence back up!!

      Delete
  3. Wow 700 posts is amazing! I wonder how many posts I have done? I have been blogging for a year and a half but not every day.
    Looks like such a fun weekend! I hope your butt it getting itself together. Mine is flaring up again. I am really starting to think that this must all be in my head or something...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry about your butt. :( I can't wait to get to the chiro and get some answers/a plan.

      Delete
  4. Thank you Karen! I am loving my long hair now. It is very "Elaine" from Seinfeld. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on 700!! Whoo hoo!! It corresponds well with those awesome looking 7 minute miles in your first run back :-)

    Hey, you did better than I did on puzzles recently. Kevin and I bought a really hard puzzle and I don't even think it was 1000 pieces but we (read: I) gave up after working on it for a few hours. Well, not really: I just didn't want to do it anymore and there was nowhere we could really keep our progress that the cats wouldn't wreak havoc on it while we slept. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is hard to keep the cats away! I have a big picture of starry night that I lay over the main part, then I cover my piles with magazines. It makes the dining room table look like a mess. Paul's parents are giving us a piece of board to put our puzzles on and then when we are done for the time being we can just slide the board under the couch.

      Delete
  6. I have a lot of help for the hard puzzles...We are a family of puzzlers...(??)...I think the most challenging one we have done is a 1000 piece, double sided world map. It gives me a headache just thinking about it.
    Congrats on 700 posts. I appreciate that you have daily posts...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW good job, I could not imagine a double sided puzzle. Haha a family of puzzlers! I am a puzzler of one. It's okay though because I am a control freak. :)

      Thanks I am glad you like daily posts! :)

      Delete
  7. Haha I love that Seinfeld quote! What happened to your real toenails?? I painted my toenails for the first time since last summer over the weekend! No more hiding them in shoes I guess!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I cut them really, really, really short. Some of my nails only have TINY little slivers. I have my big toe nail and pointer toenail, but the others are nonexistent.

      Delete
  8. LOL I love Seinfeld! And I loooove going to the theatre. I'm going next month to see Bradley Cooper in The Elephant Man. Soooo excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would LOVE to see that! I have a secret crush on Bradley Cooper. And of all movies that did it... American Sniper!

      Delete
  9. Sounds like such a great show! OMG I hate when I leave my leftover food boxes at the restaurant! I only ever lost one toenail and then I had to paint a fake one. I'm glad to say they are all real now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so depressing. BUT instead I ate a salad that night, which was prob healthier for me than the Rachel.

      Delete
  10. Congrats on your 700th post!!! I love reading your blog every day! It's such a great motivation for me and I just like it in general!

    That episode of Seinfeld is one of my favorites! "We have to have sex to save the friendship!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love reading your blog too! Make sure you read mine tomorrow there are 2 shout outs for you hehehe.

      Delete
  11. Yah for 700th post! (BTW I liked you on Facebook, but sadly I was 102..I think...just missed the 100th one). I read your blog every day, and comment when I have a few moments. I happen to like puzzles and cats ;) Your weekend sounds great. Can't believe I have never heard of a Rachel. I was curious, so I looked it up and it sounds amazing. So sorry they tossed your other half. I think they should set it aside for at least 30 min!

    I got to enjoy the weather both days this weekend, and happened to see Ex Machina this weekend (not my choice for sure), but surprisingly I was able to stand it and was able to focus on it. I have such a hard time sitting in the theater focusing on just ONE things. One look at my lovely toes and you will know instantly they are all mine. I have lost many toenails in the past from running and hiking, and usually have a few black ones...I really need to care more for me feet ;( They are likely the ugliest feet you have ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for liking me on Facebook! Now I just have to be more active. This summer, I promise.

      I can't believe you never heard of a Rachel either! Maybe it is a Northeast thing? It is usually on all the sandwich menus here in PA.

      I don't like sitting and focusing on something long like a movie either!

      I'm not sure if my feet are uglier than yours but I would certainly give you some STRONG competition in that department!

      Delete
  12. Toenails... I had several black toenails that half fell off, and then new ones started to grow, and then those new ones got black again! Oh my. So I have an odd assortment of angry, half grown, black/new toenails. Yahoo for painting them!! I just pretty much paint where the toenails should be, and if it stays, then it's a toenail.
    I was intrigued when I read piriformis. I also have issues in that area. I'll have to stalk your blog to see what's going on with you. It is my big challenge in long distance running for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look, you can either be a foot model or a runner. My guess is you'd rather be a runner, so to hell with the toenails!!! :)

      What have you been doing for your piriformis? Mine has cropped up quite out of the blue. I go to the chiro tomorrow for some guidance!

      Delete
  13. What exactly is The Rachel? Sounds amazing! ;-) I definitely paint on my toenails too. Our local theater did Aadams Family for their October show last year. I was supposed to stage manage, but life got in the way. I saw it though. I did the perfect healthy living blogger thing and drank a bunch of vodka while watching it, then went out dancing afterward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rachel is the best sandwich ever! grilled bread, turkey, cheese, coleslaw and thousand island dressing. It's the sister to the Reuben. :)

      Delete