A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Swimsuit Shopping & a Fishing/Running Date

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

On Monday, neither Paul nor I had any plans besides starting a new season of Survivor. We made the most of having no agenda by sleeping in past 10 am! It was wonderful.

We wanted to make sure we did something fun and outdoorsy before we became couch potatoes. The weather was beautiful- really hot, but I like that! 

Paul recently got his fishing license, but hadn't been fishing on his own yet. He found a spot off Lamb's Gap Road at the Conodoguinet Creek. It just so happened to be right by Target!

 

The plan was to drop Paul off to fish, do a little shopping/browsing at the stores nearby, and then do a run/walk until he was done. For some reason, I got it in my head that I was going to find some bathing suit bottoms!

For a couple years, I have had a black swimsuit top that I didn't have bottoms for. It was one of those things I picked up for like $5 off the sale rack and thought, surely some day I will have some cool swimsuit bottoms to pair this with. But the day never came! Until today...


Everyone had their bathing suit woes. My woe is I can't find bottoms that COVER MY ASS. It seems like all of the bottoms nowadays are cut in a way in which half of each of my butt cheeks come out the side of the suit. The only brand I have ever had luck with in the past several years is Mossimo, which they sell at Target. They have fun, stylish suits that aren't completely modest, but they do manage to cover my bum.

These are the bottoms I got. That is not my body. (Duh.)

Here are my bottoms paired with the black top I have had for a couple years. I think it will look cute!

I felt relieved to have found what I was looking for. I'm looking forward to not having to swimsuit shop for another couple years!

OH! I didn't wear makeup when I went out shopping, and normally, if I don't have make up on, I am guaranteed to at least see two people I know. But today, I didn't see anyone! Woohoo!

After I was done shopping, I parked in a neighborhood near where Paul was fishing. I changed into my running clothes and set off for a scorching hot run/walk. This was by far the hottest temps I have run in since... September?

I ran in a ritzy neighborhood in Mechanicsburg off Creekview Road. Everyone in the neighborhood was really friendly. Everyone I passed waved to me and said hi. It was weird! People don't normally say hi to me when I'm running.

I found a cute paved path along the creek.
No snakes!

Can you tell I have committed to the visor? Every year I get a visor and say, "I'm going to wear visors now," but I never do. This year, I am actually DOING IT!

This was the hottest, hilliest run I have done in months. It is also the longest continuous run I have done since I have been trying to rehab my hip! 4 MILES STRAIGHT AND I FELT GREAT! I dare say I felt like my old self. Don't worry, I know my next run will prob be HORRIBLE, so I soaked in the wonder that I felt today. I have learned that a good run means a bad run is right around the corner.

I found Paul's little fishing spot and dropped him a visit. He started off having a lot of fun, but then he got frustrated when he didn't catch anything and his fishing line kept getting knotted and twisted. He says he needs a better reel.



 

I didn't see any snakes but Paul said he saw one that swam by him in the water. Eek!!!!

I started with 1/4 mile walk, ran 4 miles, then ended with a 1/4 mile walk.
When I got home, I stretched for quite a long time and hoped that my knee and hip would feel strong the rest of the day.


Yeah, I guess I need to updates yas all on my knee/hip woes. I just don't feel like it! I will bite the bullet and post about it this week. See, now that I said I would, I have to! 

What did you do on Memorial Day?

21 comments:

  1. Excellent run! I am so proud of you, Meg! Between that and buying the swimsuit I would call that a very successful day. I hope we can look forward to a good update on the knee and hip! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's crazy that buying a swimsuit you are okay with is considered such a huge accomplishment- BUT IT IS!

      Delete
  2. Cute bathing suit bottom! I hope you'll be bringing it on your trip!!

    I love my visor! It keeps the sweat/sunscreen/sun out of my eyes, plus I hand wash mine in this soap that smells like peaches and I find the smell weirdly motivational on the run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not yet had to wash mine but I am sure it will get pretty nasty here soon! Good thing I generally run alone. ;)

      Delete
  3. I only buy my bathing suites at Target these days! Speaking of which, its probably time for a new one. Im glad that you had a good run and I hope that you continue to feel good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a lot of really cute ones in all different styles!

      Delete
  4. Love that bathing suit, Target has the best ones! Have you heard about the new show called The Island? It's similar to Survivor and made me think of you. They also killed and ate a snake which was terrifying and disgusting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewwww that is horrible! I don't want snakes to die... I just don't want to see one. Ever.

      Delete
  5. Maybe they are so friendly because they are rolling in dough and can afford people to clean their houses and mow their lawns and things like that!?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally, someone who understands my bathing suit bottom woes. My booty is not small, therefore I always struggle to find bottoms that fit comfortably. Whenever I do find a bathing suit I like, I try to by it in multiple colors/prints (if available) or will buy two of the same suit. Sounds like you guys had a lovely Memorial Day. My husband and I continued to get settled in our new house, ran errands/shopping around town, and went to Mad Max!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea to buy different colors and prints! I may check online to see if there are more available... Sometimes they have stuff that isn't in the stores.

      Delete
  7. Nice top/bottom combo! It is cute!

    I don't like swimsuit shopping either. For me it is one of those things to just get crossed off the list - as long as it doesn't make me look like an old lady or a floozy, I'm good. I think the one I have now, also from Target, is just plain yellow. I just don't have it in me to care that much about something I wear maybe a few times a year.

    I love your rule about being guaranteed to see people you know when you're not wearing makeup. Why is that SO TRUE?? lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't wear mine much either! But I do want to look cute when I do wear it. :)

      Delete
  8. I think I have had the same swimsuit for 7 years. I don't wear it much, and when I do it is usually with a long sleeve rash guard because it is almost ALWAYS cold here at the beach. Seriously.
    We always rent a house in Isleboro, ME for a week in the summer, and it is an island ordinance that people wave to people passing by...at first it seems really weird, because they will literally stop what they are doing to wave, but then when we return home we miss it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow what a friendly ordinance! What happens if you DON'T wave?

      We have a neighbor right across the street from us that has never even acknowledged our presence!

      Delete
  9. Confession time: I like bottoms that don't cover my butt because it makes my butt look bigger! It's totally flat. Matt bought me a pair of REALLY revealing bottoms once that I only wear when we're safe from running into students, and last time I wore them Matt was like, "You fill this out better now since your marathon!" I guess my butt got bigger lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The other side of the coin! I am laughing so hard. Big butts are in these days... and I don't doubt that marathon-ing has made yours more ample! Yay for Matt!!! ;)

      Delete
  10. Hey I have the same problem with swimsuit bottoms..super frustrating! I love love love the one you bought. :D

    LOL---> I really love that you are going to 'start wearing visors.' I'm pretty sure that two summers ago I decided to do the same thing. I now own 3 of them but have probably only worn each 3 times in total. I did run a marathon wearing one though and I quite liked it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      Haha! I feel like I have definitely seen pictures of you wearing visors or at least hats. You can definitely pull it off.

      I don't wear sunscreen on my face because I break out but I SHOULD. I am hoping the visor gives me some protection.

      Delete
  11. I actually thought of you the other day on a run. There is a trail in town that I run frequently with my friends and right at the turn around point, there was a snake meandering across the path. I had to hurdle it. And then I thought of you! I don't mind snakes. Mountain lions are what I'm terrified of. Those things are beasts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewwww I hate snakes!! Glad you saw one and not me! :)

      I am going to be running on our Southwest trip and I am worried about Mtn Lions and such. I have pepper spray. Will that work do you think or do I need Mtn Lion spray?? Or bear spray?

      Delete