I love food and I love to eat. I feel my best when I eat healthy most of the time. However, never, ever eating junk food is just not in the cards for me. And I will never pretend otherwise. I love my chicken, broccoli, sweet taters, and quinoa... but I also love JUNK. And most of the time, I can eat it when I crave it and not feel any ill affects.
Let me tell you about some of the junk I love...
1. Baked Goods. We're talkin' cake. We're talkin' cupcakes. We're talkin' pie. We're talkin' cookies. I LOVE IT ALL! And it's even better if it's paired with...
2. ICE CREAM! I will love ice cream, always and forever. None of the "half the fat" shit. And I don't want my ice cream sweetened with Splenda. I eat the full fat, 190 calories per half cup serving ice cream, and I enjoy every minute of it!
3. Fried Chicken. Okay, this is one I barely ever eat. But I want to eat it. Sometimes, when we pass a Popeye's or KFC, I say to Paul, "Someday, we should just go there and get all the fried chicken and biscuits we want!" But we never do.
4. Wine. I don't care what people say about the health benefits of wine. Wine is not going to keep my heart healthy. Running and lifting is what is going to keep my heart healthy! However, I do enjoy a glass each night while we play cards or I do a puzzle. It is a very nice way to relax and unwind... which I guess maybe is healthy!?
5. French Fried Onions. You know those things you put on top of green bean casserole? A dream of mine is to eat the whole can. Dream big my friends.