Happy Hump Day!
Sorry to confuse everyone yesterday. TODAY is Wednesday! It's another weird week, though. Professional development day on Monday, then a 2 hour delay on Tuesday and today. You know why? More snow and ice. I am dreaming of running and summer...
I am currently laying on the couch with the Today Show on. They are doing Olympic coverage, but I am not watching the Olympics so I don't really care about it.
It's really strange for me to write something the same morning I post it, but I am feeling blabby today. (Not flabby. I actually controlled myself in the dessert department last night and woke up with my stomach growling!)
The cats are sleeping. Ironic, since they woke me up at 3:30am, 5:30am and then 6:30am. So much for sleeping in for my 2 hour delay! I may actually do something crazy like clean the house... (Haha no I won't, I will sit here on my lap top for 2 hours I bet!)
I'm debating on whether to go to the gym and arc train for a half hour or take today as a rest. I haven't done anything lower body in several days. The reason is my knee. Guess what? It hurts again. Of course there is the normal "just had surgery" type of hurt... I can't bend it the whole way and I can't go down steps right food first. But I also feel the same type of aching I had before my surgery. You heard it, folks! My knee is now aching when I am walking around my classroom, sitting down, teaching piano lessons, etc... the exact same way it hurt before I went through all this.
What does this mean? I have no freaking clue. Maybe it is just sore because I can't properly stretch it or put it through the whole range of motion. Or maybe I was misdiagnosed. Whatever. I am honestly at the point where I have just accepted that maybe my knee is going to ache for the rest of my life. I know that sounds like I'm giving up but I don't know what the hell else to think? How many doctors, chiropractors, physical therapists, gait analyzers, and knee surgeries must one go through (AND $$$$ BY THE WAY) to diagnose something that shouldn't be that difficult.
Okay, now I kind of wish I just posted my Hawai'i blog this morning like I was going to. Then I would be happy thinking about vacation.
Let's wrap this up with some WONDERFUL things that are going on in my life, rather than the cruddy!
1. Paul is feeling a lot better!
2. I'm going out to eat with Paul and my parents on Friday night!
3. We finally got some ant traps, as the ants have been taking over our pantry!
4. Paul and I started DVR'ing Seinfeld and spend our evenings laughing our heads off watching old episodes.
5. 40 days until April 1st, which I know is not the official start of spring, but here in PA, it can snow all the way through March! So I feel like spring will start peeking through in 40 days!
6. The kids at school have been cracking me up. Yesterday, during 3rd grade music class, I turned on Elton John's Don't Go Breakin' My Heart" and this one little boy, who is so quiet, started wiggling in his seat and lip syncing to it. I was not expecting it and burst out laughing. Ah, kids.
What thoughts are flying through your head this morning?
Teachers, tell me something funny a kid did recently.
Tell me something WONDERFUL going on with you right now!