A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Why was I so scared????

You know how I am taking tap lessons? Well, before last night, I only was at one lesson! The second class I was supposed to go to was canceled due to snow, and the third class I missed due to being in NYC. I wasn't even officially signed up yet!

Last night, I was so nervous to go. I was worried they would say, "You missed too much, go home." I really got myself worked into a tizzy.

I'm sure you can guess what happened. I showed up, they were nice as can be, and I am officially a student at Vicki's Tap Pups. Everyone is so nice, and even though class doesn't start until 7:15 (late for me!!!), it is nice to socialize and get out and do something.

It is also nice not to be in CHARGE. I'm in charge of 20-25 students all day long. It was a nice change of pace to just be a student myself for once.

Funny story: Tapping makes my lower back hurt! I think it's from being on my toes for so long.

I can't believe I am writing this post at 9:42pm! I am finally home and ate dinner. I just have to shower and then I can go to bed. Thursday is my long day... work all day and then piano lessons until 7pm! But teaching piano is how I have money to do fun things, like take tap lessons, go to CrimeCon and things like that!
What's the last thing you worked yourself into a tizzy over and then it turned out to be nothing?

16 comments:

  1. I am so excited that you are taking tap lessons! It's really great and something different to do, like you said. I got myself into a tizzy (mad not scared) yesterday when I was at my nephew's track meet knowing I had to leave by 4:45 pm to call into a meeting at work and then the meeting was changed to 4:30 pm. I had to leave the meet after only watching him run one event. I was so frustrated and mad at work and Rick got to witness that on our drive home but then I just realized it was my fault. Next time, I won't commit to anything on days we are watching him run track. I need more boundaries. Ugh, rant over :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate feeling rushed or like I am going to be late for something and/or letting people down. I can understand why that frustrated you!

      Delete
  2. That is so fun that you are taking tap. Are there many adults in your class? Are they all adults?
    I can definitely see where it would bother your lower back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone in the class are adults and it is a "new beginner" class. It is so fun!

      Delete
  3. Awesome!!! This is great motivation/inspiration for me to finally take a spin class. I had a free pass to go to a class but I skipped it because I worked myself up thinking I would be the only beginning, that I would clip my shoes in wrong and then somehow fall off the bike and everyone would laugh at me and talk about me behind my back! I know this is obviously crazy because I am sure everyone is just caught up in their own little world and wouldn't care about me at all, but the brain works in strange ways!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Megan, my whole life and my entire existence consists of working myself into a tizzy over nothing. I kinda think I'm addicted to drama (you think??!!?!?) so if life gets boring and there are no messes around, I make them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why???? I hate drama! You will have to write about your drama addiction sometime.

      Delete
  5. I've started getting bad anxiety if I have to fly, but then the flight itself is fine. I worked myself up into a frenzy before having to do to DC last year, and both flights were fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get horrible anxiety to fly too. I am worried for CrimeCon already and it's over 2 months away. At least it's only an hour and 45 min flight.

      Delete
  6. I get bad anxiety a lot. I've gotten it a lot running lately since I'm coming back from injuries. Also sometimes in work meetings I get really anxious. I think it's really brave of you to step out of your comfort zone and do the tap lessons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normally I don't have to talk at work meetings, so they do not give me anxiety. But if I had to or was responsible for something, I would get anxiety too!

      Delete
  7. That's so fun that you are taking tap lessons! I think if I picked up any skill right now, I would love to play the violin. My daughter recently bought a flute just because she thought it would be cool to play (she already plays clarinet) and she's really doing a good job with it. We also have a keyboard that I'd love to learn how to play, but I just haven't taken the time to do it. I need to make time for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should take some piano lessons! I think if you're paying for something, it will motivate you to practice and follow through. I know that now that I paid for a bunch of tap lessons up front, that there is no way I will be talking myself out of going again!

      Delete
  8. This post made me think of my own social anxiety. I have talked myself out of SO many things because I'm worried that...Well, I don't even know what the worry is. I just get so freaked out and scared! But lately I have been better about following through on plans that make me uncomfortable because the social aspect IS important :) I'm glad you went and it was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ali! It makes me feel better when I hear other's have the same silly worries that I do! I don't know why I was convinced people were going to be mean to me. No one is ever mean to me... people generally aren't mean, lol. But I convinced myself they would be.

      Delete