A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Weekly Workouts


I ran 33 miles this week. Seems like I get some hammy pain randomly, which is weird. My hammy has never bothered me before. Guess I will baby it again next week!


Saturday- 8 miles! I ran in shorts and this run felt great! My legs felt strong and my hammy felt completely normal.

Sunday- 6 miles! In shorts again. I felt an "awareness" in my hammy. WTF? Then I went to Zumba for the first time in a couple years! It was so fun and I was absolutely exhausted by the time it was over.


Monday- Lifting back @ home. I basically did this workout. Unfortunately, I had horrible sleep the night before. I went to bed around 9:30-10:00 and woke up at 1:30 when Paul came to bed... and didn't fall back asleep. It was absolutely horrible. But I'm proud of myself for actually doing my normal workout and nothing lighter/easier even though I barely slept.

Tuesday- Lifting chest @ home. Since I finally got good sleep, I powered through this workout faster than usual.

Wednesday- 6 miles before heading to NYC! I looked ridiculous because my "good" winter running gear was packed! Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture!

Thursday- 7.5 miles in Central Park. With only two hours of sleep, I was a little delirious on this run...



Friday- 5.5 miles. Of course I had to end the week on a round number! Now my hammy hurt a little during this run. WTF? I thought it was healed? Oh well. I am running trail tomorrow and then I will rest it for two days and lift. Blah.
What's the least amount of sleep you ever ran on?

14 comments:

  1. I don't know about least amount of sleep but I'm pretty sure it was probably during one of the races at Disney world since we are so active during the day and then have to be up by 3:30 on race day. And then of course the weekend usually consist of more than one race.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, what is up with your hammy?!? I am not liking hearing you say this. I am truly impressed that you ran on 2 hours of sleep. I would say the least amount for me was 4 hours. Not too bad at the time but certainly feel much better after my normal 7-8 hours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know... and it's not even at the same spot! It's like right above my knee. Before it was near the middle. I am an enigma.

      Delete
    2. ..but it comes and goes? Some days you are not feeling anything but then it pops up? It's weird. How was the running today?

      Delete
    3. I thought it was gone... today I ran trail for 1.5 hours and felt NOTHING. weird! I'm lifting tomorrow.

      Delete
    4. It sounds like nothing...I wouldn't worry about it. Probably just something that is going to pop up now and again and then be totally gone soon!

      Delete
  3. My hammy is being weird again, too. What is up with this?! Every time I think it's better, it flares back up again. So I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a feeling you were out of town! So awesome you went to the Survivor thing again. Why do they keep voting out the people I like?? Can't wait to hear about it and NYC. You cracked me up with the caffeine drinking. I would need that too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I love Tony. Didn't like Ciera though. Sandra needs to GO!

      Delete
  5. That's what I figured... I'll sleep when I'm dead. I normally never have hammy problems so this is new for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How is your hammy feeling now?

    Right now I'm struggling with a pain in my butt... stupid piriformis !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hammy feels great.... knock on wood. Ugh I hate the butt pain! I get it from time to time. It pops up randomly and then goes away randomly. What do you do to make it go away?

      Delete