A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, March 17, 2017

Friday 5... and 5 more!



Hey all! I am linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for Friday 5 2.0!

Today I'm going to share 5 things I did on my snow day...

... and 5 things I did on my second snow day!

Central PA (and lots of other parts of the Northeast) got hit with Winter Storm Stella on Monday night into Tuesday. We got a total about 15 inches.


Here's what I did on Snow Day #1

1. I did all my practicing for the day... Spanish, Ukulele, and tap dancing. This tap video isn't from Wednesday, but it is funny so I thought I'd share it! And the uke video is from Saturday.





2. I cleaned! Not the whole house... just a random drawer, my computer caddy, and THE MICROWAVE. I can't remember the last time my microwave was not covered in crusted crumbs.


3. I shoveled. Of course. But I went hard for over an hour and because of that, decided I didn't need to lift!




Paul cleaned off the arbor vitas...


And declared his love for America...


4. I worked on a new 1000 piece puzzle! Nothing says "snow day" like a puzzle!


5. I made chocolate chip cookies!




Here's what I did on Snow Day #2

1. I spent quality time with the kitties!




2. I cleaned the entire house... AND THE FRIDGE! I forgot about the freezer until I was bragging to Paul about how clean the fridge was.




We are really stocked up right now. Remember when I told you that last Friday we bought so much food and toiletries and whatnot? We are basically ready for end times. Here's our pantry:


3. I listened to 20 episodes of the podcast Missing Maura Murray. I basically listened all day long. (Note: I listened to a total of 20 episodes over the course of both snow days!) I have changed my mind so many times about what I think happened to her! Right now I am leaning toward someone abducted her...

4. I lifted at Planet Fitness and got annoyed by all the high schoolers there.

I tried to find a funny Planet Fitness meme but everything I found was dissing Planet Fitness! I like it there. $10 a month. You can't beat that!

5. I ate a whole bag of brussel sprouts. The next morning was... eventful.


I feel like I had the perfect amount of relaxing and productivity over the course of the two days!!!
Did you have snow days? What did you do?
What veggies make you poop?
When was the last time you cleaned your microwave?
Fridge?

33 comments:

  1. Looks like a productive couple of days! We got 10" but that's nowhere near enough for a snow day. Will those days get tacked on to the end of the year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point they will be subtracted from our Easter Break. If we have any more they will be tacked on at the end of the year. I hope we don't have more! It was fun but now I'm DONE.

      Delete
  2. Someone was very productive!! I love a good puzzle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two snow days?!?!? That happened to us once this winter, and it was great! Shoveling is such a good workout. I always end up soaked in sweat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was quite warm even though it was pretty cold out! I wore my warmest running gear. I don't have ski pants or boots or anything like that.

      Delete
  4. Snow days are always the best to do some cleaning and organizing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, I feel like it wasn't a total waste then. And now I don't have to do it this weekend.

      Delete
  5. I am so happy you got so much done! Love watching your tap video. We did not have snow days--quite the opposite, in fact. Since I used the microwave all the time, I keep it clean--crumbs kind of drive me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ashamed with how bad I am willing to let my microwave get... If I was at someone's house and their microwave looked like that it would gross me out.

      Delete
    2. Don't be so hard on yourself! Believe me, those areas exist in everyone's house :)

      Delete
  6. I've had one snow day in Colorado, and that was the day the movers dropped off my stuff at my storage unit. The great thing was the gates were stuck open, so they didn't have to bring the truck in. Just unloaded it on the road, with no one driving by, and wheeling down the dollies with my boxes and furniture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow I would think that snow would mess up moving day but not for you!

      Delete
  7. It's funny you mention it... the last time we had a snow day, the gym was filled with high schoolers too! I was super annoyed but then thought it was better that they were there than hanging around the mall smoking even though it didn't look like they were exercising at all. They just stood around in their expensive leggings and got in the way. Ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw some cute leggings worn by the hs girls. I agree, the gym is a good place to be so I shouldn't hate on them for that!

      Delete
  8. Nice of you to make room for Obama in your microwave.

    What do you top your Brussels sprouts with? I usually just toss mine in soy sauce but yours looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also I am surprised to see whole Brussels sprouts - I cut mine in halves and also cut the base off.

      Delete
    2. Maybe that's why brussel sprouts "affect" me so much... I didn't know I was supposed to cut the base off!

      Hey, Obama can surveil my kitchen ANYTIME. ;)

      Soy sauce sounds yummy! I do olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic, and parmesan cheese!

      Delete
    3. That sounds good, I'm going to make them that way tonight!

      I am new to russell sprouts so I have no idea what you're supposed to do, I just cut the base off bc it looked tree stump like! You probably are supposed to eat it!

      Delete
    4. Darn, Kristina beat me to the Obama joke. :)

      Delete
  9. We did get one snow day this past week, which we used to pack for our move this Monday! I'm not even sure the last time we cleaned the microwave - but we'll definitely be doing it soon as we prepare the apartment to move out. We're actually planning to go sans microwave in the house - we don't use that often and I'd rather use a toaster oven (at least for things that can go in the toaster oven)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We use ours a lot because we make a big batch of something (chicken, pasta, whatever) and then eat leftovers all week. Where are you moving to? Glad you made good use out of your snow day!

      Delete
  10. I remember telling you my first snow day didn't feel very productive so I was glad to have another one to follow it up with!
    You have a beautiful voice (which I already knew). Are the hand motions part of the tap dancing? You totally needed to end that dance with some "jazz hands"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Meranda. I don't practice singing much anymore. I mean, I sing in my kid voice every day but not legit singing. I agree, the tap needed jazz hands!

      Delete
  11. I was off on Tuesday...we didn't even get much snow! But it was kind of a mess because it was sleeting alot. Other than my workout I had a relaxing day off. Our neighbor lent us their snowblower so we didnt have to shovel this time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was nice of your neighbors! I hate driving in bad weather so I am thankful for the days off.

      Delete
  12. It's not a veggie but pears make me poop. I work from home so I don't get snow days and I work in South Carolina so I don't get snow. We have had "hurricane days" and one day when my office was closed but I had power so I had to work. Yeah, the hurricane was worse where my office is located inland than it was here.

    Love that you did a lot like cleaning, baking, and lifting! I love planet fitness and think someone needs to make nice memes about it. The staff there is always nice to me and I've never had any issues. Plus you're proof that you CAN lift weights at Planet Fitness (the people who say those things have obviously never been to PF).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never heard of pears making someone poop!

      I agree, PF deserves some nice memes. I know some lifters don't like that PF requires you to bench and squat with the smith machines rather than racks. But I don't mind. I remember back in the DAY they had a proper bench and chest press bar but they got rid of it.

      Delete
  13. Looks like you got a lot done! I wouldn't mind a few snow days...

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG LOL @ #5! I can do some damage with roasted Brussels sprouts. There is something about snow days that makes me want to bake cookies too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. When I have a snow day I feel practically obligated to bake!

      Delete