A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Weekly Workouts



Hello, world!

I ran 35 miles this week and did some good lifting.

My hammy is bothering me. Why? I do not know!

I also started TAP DANCING LESSONS!!!!

Here are my workouts...


Saturday- 9 miles! I did 4.25 around my hood. Then I dropped Paul off at the gym, parked, and did 4.75 around Hampden Park. It was cool, brisk, windy, and lovely! My paces have been slowing over the past couple months, but this run was the fastest I have had in a long time!


Sunday- 8 miles. I had a great podcast to listen to. Combine that with the sunny, brisk weather, and it was a truly enjoyable hour(ish) of running. I ran exactly the same pace as the day before! (8:17)

Same outfit... don't hate!

Monday- 6 neighborhood miles. I wore the same outfit!!!!


Tuesday- Lifting back @ home. My gym bag was packed and ready to go but as soon as I woke up I knew I wasn't going there. I was homesick and wanted to stay home. I took some pics and videos for a comprehensive post on what I do when I lift back. Look for that next week!



Wednesday- 6 miles. Boy was I pokey this morning! It was shorts weather, though! OH AND I TOOK MY FIRST TAP DANCE LESSON! Does that count as a workout? There's a lot of moves done only on your toes, so maybe my calf muscles will get stronger?

Thursday- Lifting chest @ home. I wanted to run, but for some reason my hammy started hurting during school the day before. I could still feel it a little bit so I figured skipping a run wouldn't kill me. I took some pics and videos for a comprehensive post on what I do when I lift chest. Look for that within the next two weeks!

Friday- 6 miles in the SNOW. Unfortunately my hammy and basically my entire left leg felt jacked up the whole run. Does that ever happen to you? Then I had to sit through a 2 hour motivational speaker at work, which was nice because the speaker was good, but bad because sitting is NOT GOOD when your leg feels jacked up! It snowed during this whole run. Like RIGHT IN MY FACE SNOW.

How were your workouts this week?

12 comments:

  1. Tap lessons! You must share about the experience--so awesome. Sorry your hammy is being a jerk. As you know, mine can be a jerk too. Where is your pain? In the middle or point of attachment? Workouts for me this week were good: 4 runs/rowing; 2 cycling (indoor still....boo), 1 swim and 3 each of strength and yoga. One day it was so windy on my run I drove my car out 3 miles and ran home w/ the wind at my back--then Rick took me to get my car. Does that make me a wimp or a spoiled baby or both?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will share about tap, I promise! The hammy pain popped up in the middle of my left hammy on Wednesday afternoon. It's so weird because it totally popped out of nowhere. I feel like it's always something! No, your idea to run with the wind at your back is not spoiled, it is GENIUS!

      Delete
  2. Tap dance? I'd seriously hurt myself doing that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say, "No you wouldn't!" buuuuut you told me you are clumsy and the floors are actually slippy! I'm scared I will fall. Or get plantar fasciitis haha.

      Delete
  3. Oh the tap dancing sounds fun! Will you be sharing more on that?

    I look forward to your comprehensive post on lifting!

    What was your motivational Speaker talking about? Did you guys have an in service day on Friday? We did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I will be sharing more on tap! I'm not sure if I'm going to do it now or wait until I took a couple classes.

      I wrote the lifting posts upon your request. :)

      The motivational speaker talked about the 7 different mes we have. And how kids see us through fault filters. I was so good! I need to write about it today so I don't forget what I want to say.

      Delete
  4. You got some great workouts in! 35 miles is legit especially with all the strength training you're doing and the tap lessons (cross training, sorta!). Don't worry about your speed, I mean you did something every day and that is huge because you are really consistent. Even running in the snow!

    I hope your hammie feels better soon, it is always something, I guess :(.

    My "workouts" this week were all cross training, bleh. But I did increase my weights in BodyPump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always something! I don't know why it popped out of nowhere. Ugh. I felt really jacked up yesterday. Today I feel good but I feel an awareness in my hammy so maybe I will lift. The real feel is 13... which would make today a good day to stay inside!

      Delete
  5. Dang 35 miles, lifting and tap dancing! When I look at your daily mileage I am in awe. Like, 9, 8, 6, 6, 6 sounds so exhausting to me even though I run for the same length of time, just much fewer miles :) Well except for last week when I ran 0 miles. I don't want to talk about it!!!

    Can't wait to hear more about tap dancing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll write more about tap, I promise!

      Thank you for reminding me 35 is a lot! I'm just running la dee da.. not pushing or anything.

      Delete
  6. Tap dancing, and any dancing counts for a work out ! I hope your hammy feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I have been being nice to it so it feels pretty good now.

      Delete