A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, March 4, 2017

Weekly Workouts


Let me start by saying I am soooo confused. I don't check my blog stats a lot, but yesterday I did. I noticed that 190 people read my Weekly Workout post from February 11th. What the heck!? No one ever reads my workout recaps! (I don't blame them. I fail to make them interesting.) Why did so many people read that one!? Just to put things into perspective, my Saturday workout posts normally get like 40-50 views... It's a MYSTERY!

I had a hard time writing this week's recap because I normally fill in my workouts as the week goes on. But for some reason, I forgot to do that this week and didn't start writing it until Thursday night! I hope I can remember what the heck I did!

Saturday- Lifting back @ Planet Fitness. It had been a long time since I actually lifted at the gym. I was pleased to see I had gotten stronger. Unfortunately, I was sore ALL WEEK from this workout! I think that just goes to show I need to get my ass back to the gym so I can use the things I can't use at home... TRX, cables, etc...

Sunday- 7 miles. It was quite cold!

Monday- 6 miles. I do not remember this run, but I know I ran.

Tuesday- Lifting chest @ home. I added 5x1 minute forearm plants at the end of my chest workout. It's so hard to do them after all the shoulder presses I do!

Wednesday- 6 miles. This run was awesome until a little prick at the bus stop tried to scared me. Don't worry, I confronted him.

Thursday- Lifting back/chest @ home. There was a wind advisory with 30+ mph gusts. I wanted to run, but I also didn't want to die. I lifted in my warm house while watching Morning Joe. We get MSNBC now! Apparently, we had it all along (and some other channels) but they just never worked... so we didn't think we got those channels. I'm all kinds of pissed at Verizon right now.

Friday- 6 miles. I was scared I'd see the bus stop kid again, but I didn't see him.
How were your workouts this week?

10 comments:

  1. Isn't it weird how some posts can do so well for no apparent reason? The wind was SO crazy this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks windy out today too. Oh well, it's bright and sunny so I will go run!

      Delete
  2. Nice week of workouts! I skipped a run in favor of indoor spinning--trying to wake up my cycling legs in anticipation of warmer days and riding Ariel (I named my bike...don't judge). Saturdays have become a favorite day to swim because the pool is so quiet! I think I sat in the hot tub for as long as I swam. Enjoy your run today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I love your bike name! I never named my spin bike (I know you are referring to your outdoor bike, I just don't have one of those). Now Paul rides the spin bike more than me so I will ask him to name it! Mmmmm hot tub after a swim sounds awesome! I guess I will go eat breakfast so I can finally go run!

      Delete
  3. Tons of cross training for me (I consider "workout" a quality run where I push myself like a tempo or intervals, just a mental thing). You did a ton this week though and hooray for lifting at the gym! I actually did BodyPump again this week so I'm being more consistent... maybe even more strength training will help when I do get back to running.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strength training will help you all around, for sure. I did do a lot more lifting this week than normal. I need to take it to the gym, though. It was a huge eye opener that I was so sore after going there!

      Delete
  4. Would you ever consider writing a post showing what equipment you use and what exactly it is that you do when you lift back and chest? I use equipment but I'm not really sure which muscles I'm strengthening. Seeing what you do might be a good tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, I could do that sometime. :) I used to write out every exercise I do, but then I got lazy. I'll do a detailed one, I promise!

      Delete
  5. Maybe someone linked to your blog that day on their post?? Is there a way to check where your visitors came from?

    The weirdest thing about blog stats to me is when a post has like 100+ views but no comments. It makes me wonder if the view counter is accurate at all haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's a good point. Not sure who would have linked. I think I have a ton of lurkers on Meg Go Run because some days I have 150-300 views but about 10 comments.

      Delete