A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, March 18, 2017

Weekly Workouts


I only ran 18 miles this week!

Last week, I felt a pain in my left hammy. It just came randomly during the day while I was teaching. I tried to run less this week to make sure it goes away.


Saturday- Lifting back @ Planet Fitness. I wanted my hammy to shut up and it was freaking freezing out. I got in a good workout even though I would have rather been running.


Sunday- Rest. Letting my hammy get back to normal.


Monday- 6 cold miles. I pushed my luck with my hammy and luckily, other than just an "awareness" it was okay. MAN DID IT FEEL GOOD TO BE RUNNING!

Tuesday- Shoveling HEAVY snow for over an hour! Paul hurt his shoulder just in time for Winter Storm Stella. It was a good cardio and strength workout so that's all I did for the day.



Wednesday- Chest @ Planet Fitness. Unfortunately there were a lot of high school kids there hogging benches with their cell phones. Benches are for working out, not for holding your cell phone! Stick it in your sports bra like the rest of us.

Thursday- 6 cold miles! (But not as cold as I thought it would be!) We had a 2 hour delay so I got to run in the sunlight. Isn't it beautiful?




Friday- 6 miles. While this was the slowest run of the week, it is the run in which I felt the best. It was a good way to end the week!
How were your workouts this week?
What do you do with your phone at the gym?

8 comments:

  1. I used to wear an arm band for my phone when I worked out at the gym. I hope you hammy is better! Mine is still feeling weird on and off.I wouldn't even call it painful, it's a really odd feeling and I can't quite figure out why it bothers me once in awhile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should look into the arm band for sure. I think sometimes past injuries... we get like an "awareness" of them. And some of it could be in our head.

      Delete
  2. Nice job! I am so glad that hammy is not being a jerk anymore! Your snow is beautiful. While a lot of the country was getting pounded we had really, really warm weather. I got 4 run/row and 2 OUTDOOR cycling sessions in. Today is my swim. I am so not wanting the snow to come back but who am I kidding...this is Colorado. It's going to be coming back. Sigh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you guys ever get snow in April? It must have been pretty warm if you could cycle outside! What's the coldest you will do that?

      Delete
    2. March is snowiest and April is second snowiest! We could still get hit with some epic storms. This week it was 38 degrees which was enjoyable. I think the coldest I rode was 25 degrees but that wasn't really fun. My feet took awhile to thaw...

      Delete
  3. I just put my phone on the little ledge on the elliptical or arc trainer. If I'm lifting I leave my phone in my purse or in the car. I don't need my phone to lift and can wait if someone important called or texted. The only reason I have it on the cardio machines is to watch TV or because I'm so bored and zoning out!

    All that snow looks super cold. Brr... great job that you got out in that! Hope your hammie is healed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is healed too! About to go out now for a 6 miler and I hope it feels as good as yesterday. I used to never carry my phone when I lifted because I had a flip phone so what was the use? But now I do enjoy practicing Spanish in between sets while I'm resting! I may need to get an arm band like Lisa said.

      Delete
  4. This HS boys need a sports bra to hold their phones !! How is your hammy feeling now ?

    ReplyDelete