A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, March 13, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up



Happy Monday!

Here's what we were up to this weekend...


When I wake up before work, I have 30 minutes to do whatever I want before I go for my run. My 30 minutes usually involves coffee, pooping, and chilling on the couch with Jelly.


I went for a 6 miler in big, heavy snow... the kind that sticks to you but doesn't stick on the road. I passed a guy running in shorts. What the what!?


At work we had an in-service day, and it was actually the best I experienced in a long time. The keynote speaker was very thought provoking. He spoke about forgiveness, filters, and how there is more than one "me". In fact, we have seven "mes". I plan to write a post about this because there was some really useful stuff I want to explore with you!


I ate lunch at Hoss's with my friend Karen. Karen and I ARE EACH OTHER... aka, we are the music teachers at the elementary schools in our district. I wish we worked at the same school in adjoining classrooms. That would be so fun!


Then we went back to school and prepared for the afternoon. Karen I were teaching a breakout session for colleagues called Intro to Ukulele.. I was very pleased with how the 45 minutes sessions went. I had several friends/colleagues who went home with a uke to practice!



3rd grade teachers rockin' the ukes!
What should their band name be???

Look what came in the mail for me today! My Aldi key chain with a hidden spot for a quarter!


After work, Paul and I went out and stocked up on EVERYTHING. Food. Alcohol. Toiletries. Cat food and litter. We are not going to need to go shopping for a VERY LONG TIME. Just to give you an idea of how much we got... it took me an hour and a half to put everything away! (Paul went out with a friend right when we got home so I was stuck unloading/packing all by myself!)

I practiced my tap dancing for awhile while he was gone. We have wood floors but they are slippy. I have to be careful.

Even though I didn't go to bed super late...


I slept straight until 11am the next morning! The only reason I woke up was because Jelly jumped on my stomach and then laid on my bladder. After that, I was wide awake!

My late morning/early afternoon was spent blogging. Then I ran some errands and lifted at the gym. It was so cold and my hammy hurt, so I figured it was a good lifting day. Unfortunately there was a guy there that smelled like farts.


When I got home from the gym I dyed my hair and got hair dye all over the toilet seat. I am so mad at myself!

The top of the mirror already had hair dye from a previous accident...


That night, we went out to eat with Bob and Rachel at Tattered Flag Brewery in Middletown. I got two glasses of wine which I didn't like at all. They had wines from local breweries which I normally don't like. Just give me a Sutter Home merlot and I am happy. However, the food was divine and the company was awesome!



One thing I don't like about breweries is there are always a ton of kids and babies. I know, can't we just all get along? I guess. 



What a lazy day! My morning was spent tidying up the house, cuddling with Jelly, watching the Sunday morning news shows, practicing my Spanish, and blogging. Okay, after typing all that out it doesn't sound lazy, but I swear it was relaxing!


Then I showered... and got right back into clean pjs! I decided not to workout to give my hammy another day to shut up. I watched a lot of TV, started a puzzle, and COLORED with Paul!



I made us a delicious dinner... pasta with tomatoes, chicken, and mushrooms!

Tell me something fun you did this weekend!
Kids at breweries: Yay or nay?
Is there anything you stock up for that will last for months?
Describe your best day of relaxing!

24 comments:

  1. I stock up on toilet paper!!! I buy it in bulk from Amazon for a fraction of the cost it is in the store. Because I'm getting it so cheap I can get my favorite kind. I used to think "oh i'll just get store brand, i mean look at what it's used for, why waste the money?" but now i splurge because it's still so cheap!

    It sounds like the perfect kind of weekend to me, besides your hammy hurting. That stinks. I hope it's feeling better this morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel better this morning! Hopefully it stays that way throughout the day. :)

      I'm glad you can get your fancy toilet paper for cheap!

      Delete
  2. Fun weekend for sure! I can't believe how much snow the east coast is getting right now--we got some rain on Saturday morning but other than that, nothing--so not typical of Colorado in March. We have a linen closet and shelves in our utility room that are pretty well stocked at all times. I even have a second fridge in my garage that contains extra. I basically "shop" at my own house when my main cabinets are running low. Your day yesterday sounds so nice. My Sunday was very relaxing. I ran and then I worked on art projects for 6 hours--only taking one break to go get a pedicure w/ my sister. It was bliss and I have not had a day like that in a long time! I hope your hammy behaves on your run today. WTH, man...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so cool you can "shop" at your house! Do you buy stuff in bulk online or at like Costco or something? What art projects did you work on?

      Delete
    2. I like it! Of course I have to shop online first but so much better that way. Rick goes to Sam's 1x per week to stock up on produce, almond milk, yogurt, etc. The rest of the things I buy online at Wal-mart.com. And of course I still have to visit the regular grocery store 1 x per week to get things not available at Sam's (certain produce, hummus we like, chocolate almond milk, etc). I do mixed media art. I am registered for an online class and she posts new projects each month. I had 2 to work on yesterday and it was really lovely because the wind was blowing terribly and Rick was home watching college basketball so I had every excuse just to spend time in my studio listening to good music and being creative!

      Delete
  3. We end up stocking up on things we buy on subscribe and save because they usually come more often than we need before we cancel them. So we end up with tons of almond flour, tampons, and toothpaste (random, right?) We also stock up on lara bars because we both eat those every day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, random BUT you will always need more flour, tampons, and toothpaste, so it's not like it will go to waste. One of the luxuries of being older now and not having to live paycheck to paycheck is stocking up on things like this.

      Delete
  4. I was at Whole Foods yesterday and there was THE most annoying family shopping as well. The dad was particularly douchey. He kept talking to his toddler in a high pitched voice and doing weird stuff, like opening and closing the freezer doors and making weird noises. He was really loud and I could hear him comparing all the prices to Costco to his wife. He did it again at the checkout and I was this close to asking him WTF he didn't just go to Costco so we could shop in peace!

    Oooooh, I was cranky yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe he was high!? Haha! I usually wear headphones and listen to podcasts while I shop. You should bring yours just in case there is a douche like that who you need to tune out.

      Delete
  5. I am impressed you even saw another runner out that early let alone one in shorts! We had in service on Friday too. No speaker though.

    I'm glad you showed a pic of your bathroom. Just yesterday scott and I were shopping for linens for our new bathroom and I wanted to get a matching toilet seat cover for the rug. I couldn't find one that matched so scott said "do we have to have a seat cover"? I said I guess not. But I thought it was weird. Now i'm glad to see not everyone uses a seat cover..lol. But if you keep getting dye on your seat perhaps yoy should...lol (JK).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about getting a cover to hide they dye BUT don't you think toilet seat covers get tons of germs on them?

      Delete
  6. I feel like every time we go to Sams Club we are stocking up on things... but yet we are there every week!! Sounds like a good weekend. Mine felt a bit short and packed, and with the return of my hamstring pain, it put a damper on my running joy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ew!! Is this hammy pain up top that gives you PIMA? My PIMA went away but then a couple days ago I got a pain in the mid/lower part of my right hammy. WTF? No rhyme or reason. So I took two days off and hopefully it's gone. We'll see if it starts hurting today.

      Delete
    2. Fingers crossed for you that yours will feel better! After investigating a few diagrams, my pain is not in the glutes, but the upper hamstring, where my butt meets my leg. The deep glute pain is kind of a secondary pain now!

      Delete
  7. Kids yay at breweries, because I have a zillion of them. If I didn't have kids, then I wouldn't want kids at a brewery. Or anywhere near me, for that matter. I'm not actually a kid person, interestingly enough. I like my own, and there are a handful of other kids that I really quite enjoy but for the most part I avoid them like olives. Magic Eraser will get rid of the hair dye. I know this because I have a zillion kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. REALLY!? I have those magic erasers! THANK YOU!!!!!

      Delete
  8. It's Easter and I'm stocking up on candy after the holiday because those Cadbury Mini Eggs are delicious and have to last me until next Easter. Besides that, I stock up on protein powder when Costco has it on sale and running shoes when I can find them on sale.

    Love the Aldi key chain! I think a new one just opened here, or either it opens this week. Can't wait to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul loves those eggs too! :) I hope you have fun checking out Aldi. :)

      Delete
  9. are ukuleles the new thing to learn at school? My son's school just bought ukuleles !

    My parents both dye their hair, and they blame each other on any dye stains in the bathroom... they are funny! I think you can take it off with nailpolish remover.


    I'm ok with kids almost anywhere! but only because I have one. I love my son, but I'm not a big fan of kids... weird, I know!

    I don't even know what a day of relaxing would be like... Saturday was pretty close, run a race, and spend the rest of the day in bed resting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess so!? That's funny that both of our schools bought ukes for our music classrooms!

      I am laughing so hard at your parents both dying their hair and fighting about the stains! I will try nail polish and magic erasers like Suzy said. We will be stuck inside for two days, so today is a good day to do it!

      Delete
  10. Cats are pretty good at knowing how to wake you up. Jumping on the bladder seems to be rule #1, because that usually works.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It totally does! They can be dicks sometimes.

      Delete
  11. I am too nervous to dye my own hair but you did a great job!!!! Hopefully the stain comes off the toilet seat. :S Your inservice day sounds a lot more fun than the ones we go to. I was actually surprised to read "kids and babies at breweries!" I didn't think you would be allowed kids there??? because of the location that is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, kids are allowed at breweries because they are not bars. Obviously you can't take kids to bars but because the breweries serve food too, it's like a restaurant so parents can take their kids and drink. Now, believe me, if I were a parent I would want to drink too!

      Delete