This post is inspired by Nicole McDermott's piece, 20 Unfortunate But Unavoidable Side Effects of Exercise. Go read it!
Unfortunate Side Effects of Exercise
We all know exercise is a good thing, and there are so many wonderful benefits of getting your sweat on. But what about the bad stuff? And the gross stuff? If you are sensing another post dripping in TMI, you are right! But don't worry, it won't all be about pooping.
Here are some of my personal unfortunate side effects of exercise. Some are listed in Nicole's piece and some are personal things I have come across!
1. Tons of laundry. Yep. And gross laundry! Summer is not so bad. An extra pair of shorts and sports bra each day and that's it. But in the winter? There's coats, vests, caps, gloves, jackets, layers upon layers of shirts and pants... It's a never ending laundry nightmare! (Good thing my husband does most of the laundry!)
3. Gross feet. I will never be a foot model. First of all, my toes were never nice looking to begin with. Now, most of my toes barely have nails. I call them "Runner's Feet". I'd show you a picture but I don't want you to throw up.
4. Carrying around a bunch of shit. Oh, and you can't forget the PACKING and the UNPACKING of the shit. I swear you would think I was spending the night somewhere if you saw me leave the house in the morning...
Wow, if only this is what I looked like leaving the gym!
5. Injuries. I never injured myself while laying on the couch. Just sayin'.
7. Sweating a lot. And not because you're out of shape. The more fit you are, the sooner you sweat and the more you sweat, even if you're not about to do an intense workout.
Have you experienced any of these unfortunate side effects of exercises? Am I missing any?