A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, March 20, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up


Happy Monday!

Here's what we were up to this weekend...


I woke up absolutely exhausted on Friday morning. The night before, our smoke alarm started beeping. It would beep once and wake me up, so I'd yell for Paul (who was awake on his computer in the basement) to take care of it. Well, just after I would fall asleep, it would beep AGAIN. This happened at least four times and I now know why sleep deprivation is considered torture.


My 6 miler was slow but the best run I had all week!

Work was hectic. Even though we only had a three day week due to the snow, my patience was shot.

After work I did my usual... puzzle, cards with Paul, TV & dinner! It was a chill night.



I ran 8 miles in the afternoon and it felt absolutely great! In fact, my goal was 6 but I felt so good that I just kept going!

That evening, Paul and I had Bob and Rachel over for dinner and games. Paul is entering a chili cook off contest in a couple months so he wanted to test his chili recipe on some critics!


 For the record, the chili was banging!

And I think we had the most fun we ever had during a game night!

"Move together for a picture!"



I had a lazy morning and then I finally went out for a 6 miler. I felt an awareness in my hammy! Crap! But it didn't get worse so I completed my run...

... and then went to ZUMBA for the first time in a couple years! OMG it was so fun! If you live in the area, check out Zumba with Cat. It is the best $5 you will ever spend on a workout!


I was depleted by the time I got home so it was just puzzles and Seinfeld with Paul!

For dinner, I had a huge salad with 3 hard boiled eggs on it. I eat hard boiled eggs now!


This is what it looked like after the cheese and dressing was added...


I also put some of these on top! AREN'T THESE THE BEST!?


What? I didn't provide any cat pictures yet?



Tell me something fun you did this weekend!
Have you ever entered a cooking or baking contest?
Have you tried Zumba?

18 comments:

  1. Ohhh that chili looks great! I bet eating chili when it's cold/snowy out is the best!

    What is the game that you're playing? Adam and I picked up scattergories this weekend. He had never played before but now he's addicted! Last night at 11pm he was like, "can we play scattergories?" :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of all the things a man wants to do at 11pm, he wants to play Scategories! ;) The game we were playing is called Code Names. It's best with 4+ people BUT Paul and I have played it for "fun" with just two. It is our favorite game. Check it out...
      https://www.amazon.com/dp/B014Q1XX9S/ref=sr_ph_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490011730&sr=sr-1&keywords=Code+Names

      Delete
  2. The chili looks really good! Ive never entered any sort of food contest. Ugh that smoke alarm issue sounds so annoying, I hate when my sleep is interrupted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have issues with our CO monitor whenever we put a fire in our fireplace. So annoying and scary all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love those pretzles but don't buy them often.
    My grandmother made the best beef vegetable soup and after she passed our family hosted a "soup cook-off" every year on her birthday. It was like a big party.
    Did you figure out why your fire alarm was beeping? It usually means you need new batteries in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, we needed batteries. Paul ordered some off Amazon Prime on Sat. morning and they arrived the very next day. He got them in bulk, so we basically won't need batteries for the rest of our lives!

      Delete
  5. Fun weekend! Great running workouts--hoping the hammy quieted down today. Oh, that chili looks fabulous. I love corn in chili. We have a holiday party each year with my group at work and it's always a chili cook-off. So fun to try all the different recipes. Our weekend was awesome. Friends for dinner Friday, Saturday I took a yoga workshop, Sunday coffee with a friend. Um, those pretzels are amazing! I would have never thought to top them on a salad. Must try. P.S. did you not eat hard boiled eggs for awhile? I love eggs--eat them every single day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to eat them from time to time, but I'm more of a dippy egg person. Well I put three on my salad last night and I found another thing that makes me poop! It sounds like you had the perfect weekend! :) what did you make for dinner when your friends came?

      Delete
  6. I used to do Zumba ALL THE TIME before I became a runner. Like, at least 3x a week I was in class. I also went to a gym that offered it every single day so that helped. It can be a really good workout and love the music. But I haven't been in YEARS!

    I love those honey mustard pretzel pieces but they always make my breath smell like death.

    Glad you guys had a good weekend. The game night and chili cook off look like a lot of fun. We haven't had a game night in awhile but it's definitely a fun thing to do with a group of other adults. We love Cards against Humanity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CAH is so fun. :) We kind of played it to death though so we are taking a break. I agree, the pretzels are not great for your breath! I never would have thought of you as a Zumba person!

      Delete
  7. Those pretzel pieces are everything. We eat the buffalo flavour here. They hurt my teeth a bit just because they're super hard and I'm super old. Your salads are my kind of salads! I keep meaning to make salads like that. Do you ever add bacon?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No but only because we don't normally make bacon. I put lots of ground turkey on mine or chicken. Paul loves the hot wing flavor!

      Delete
  8. thanks for telling me about Zumba with Cat! I do her Thursday class now, but I'm glad I have something for Mondays now!!

    That chilli looks delicious!!

    We did the Lucky Charm 10K, it was pretty awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I can't wait to read your recap. :)

      I discovered Cat when I went to the Y... and then realized I taught her kiddo (who is now a teenager!) in elem. music.

      Delete
  9. My entire office in Dallas had a chili cook off for our holiday party, and there were 20+ entrants, all in crock pots. I have no idea what a Colorado holiday will bring.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never tried Zumba but for $5 I would! :)

    ReplyDelete