A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Finally, a post about running. (AND A 30 SECOND SURVEY FOR YOU TO TAKE!)


I realized I barely talk about running on my blog anymore. So far this year, besides my Weekly Workouts, I only posted 11 blogs related to running. That's not a lot considering I post every day. Only 17%, to be exact.  But I guess you all don't care too much as you keep coming back each day to see what's going on up in here!

Would you like me to talk about running more or are you okay with me just talking about whatever I feel like, whether running related or not? I really like that my blog covers a bunch of topics and is not ALL about running. I have a lot to say, and much of it is not running related!

Take this survey to let me know what you like the most about Meg Go Run and what you like the least. The survey takes 30 seconds!

I intend to keep on blogging in my own personal style, but I am curious to see what people dig and don't dig. I suppose since I blog every day it's okay if there's topics some don't enjoy...

Okay, so what is my relationship like with running right now? I am just running for fun. I truly love running. I don't race a lot and right now I have no desire to race. I'm just enjoying the weather, my podcasts, and plodding along, collecting endorphins.



I haven't done speed work in months. My workouts are for the pure enjoyment of running and the confidence and strength it gives me. I do want to run trail more often and I intend to make more of an effort to do so.

So that's what's going on with me and running right now! Sorry that it's not more exciting...


Please take this 30 second survey to let me know about what topics you like/dislike on Meg Go Run!
What's your relationship with running right now?

Is there a certain topic you would like to hear more about or something I have never covered on Meg Go Run? Let me know in the comments!

16 comments:

  1. I like that you have been able to naturally move your blog out of the "just running" genre. I love hearing about all your other random thoughts etc! I do sometimes miss your running posts, but when you're not really training for something it makes sense that there would be fewer :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could make a concerted effort to write about running even when I'm not training for something. There's a lot to say, I just need to make the effort!

      Delete
  2. I like that you write what's comfortable for YOU. You make this blog whatever you want it to be. It's YOUR space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Meranda. :) I'm sure not everyone likes all of my topics and/or agrees with me especially when I speak out about issues important to me, but I figure by now people know what they are getting and can pass on a post that isn't their cup of tea. I am having fun analyzing my survey results! I was mostly just wondering if people minded so much day to day life type stuff and it looks like it's a favorite topic of most people who answered the survey! I feel like I must have a lot of readers who aren't runners.

      Delete
  3. Sometimes it's nice just to run for fun! I like to mix it up, but when I'm done with a race, yes, I like to just tuck in and go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's how I started out as a runner. I just ran for "fun" for years before I even ran a race.

      Delete
  4. I took the survey but I feel like you talk about running quite often? Even if it's not a specific post you do talk about it. Plus, like Ali K. said, I understand why because you're not training for a specific race so running isn't priority #1 right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool! I guess I was just talking about specific running posts. I know in my Weekend Wrap Ups sometimes I share a little more about a particular run.

      Delete
  5. I like all your topics except one but I took the quiz and you and I have already chatted so you know. Your blog is my fave and the first one I read each day! I love to hear about running but I think I love that you venture out to other topics. I think reading about running every day would get old. My relationship with running: it's just another sport in my routine. I do love it but I try to hold on loosely cuz I never know when running won't treat me so well someday and I try not to let a bad run get me down. I did have a very nice although very cold/windy run today but now I am toasty warm drinking coffee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan the first time you told me you try to hold onto running loosely is one of the reasons I do as well! I don't want my whole life to be wrapped up in running because then when I can't run, it's like my world crashes down! I am already sad enough when I can't run!

      Delete
    2. It wasn't an easy lesson to learn for me but the fact that I have swimming and cycling (not to mention yoga and weights and walking) really helps me when I can't run! I try to focus on all I can do not the one thing that I can't.

      Delete
  6. I love your day in the life posts. I like seeing your salads that you make with cheese and chips and ranch sauce. I like it when you talk about how you save money on stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm you know what else is good in salads? Buffalo pretzels!

      Delete
  7. I don't race often, and I like to run for fun. I still get frustrated with my ITBS, but not being able to run for a bit showed me how much I love to just run. It's more fun when there's no pressure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, there's nothing like not being able to run to make you appreciate running!

      Delete
  8. I hope things calm down for you soon, Karen! Don't feel bad at all about being MIA. There is more to life than blogs and Facebook, etc. I need to take a page from your book, actually!

    ReplyDelete