A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, March 31, 2017

Friday 5 - Happy Birthday, Momma!!!



Hey all! I am linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for Friday 5 2.0!




Today is my mom's birthday.


 It's a big one. She's 60! 


We will be celebrating as a family tomorrow at my brother's house. I'm excited to see her and give her some gifts!

Today I'm going to share 5 characteristics I inherited from my mom, because the older I get, the more I appreciate some of her best qualities!

1. Her LAUGH. I just have to start with this one. My mom has a very loud cackle and so do I!

2. Her appreciation for finding a good deal. When I was young, I never understood why my mom was obsessed with coupons and would only buy things on sale. Well, now I understand! And I'm sure you know that Paul and I tend do be frugal about certain things!

3. She's a bat shit crazy tree hugging liberal and so am I! The funny thing is, I don't ever remember her talking politics or hot button issues with me, not even in college. (It didn't interest me then.) Maybe it's just she and my dad instilled certain values in me that once I finally did start paying attention, I found that I cared deeply about many issues that end up being categorized as liberal.

4. My mom is very confident and she raised me to be confident as well. I'm sure I learned some of my confidence just from watching her do her thang, but I do remember many, many, MANY instances when she pumped me up and urged me to go after what I wanted because I was capable of doing it. She never made me feel like I wasn't capable of something. (I just want to clarify that she made me feel like I was something I wasn't or gave me an inflated ego. I mean, she didn't urge me to apply to Harvard bwahaha! I'm referring to just general sticking up for myself and speaking my mind types of things.)

5. Okay, let me explain this last one.... I confronted Paul and said, "Name a quality I share with my mom... 5, 4, 3, 2..." "YOU'RE HYPER!" he shouted. Hahaha! I am going to change that to PASSIONATE! My mom and I are both very passionate people.

I am so happy I have wonderful parents. You don't realize you have good parents until you're old and grown...

Obviously, since I'm a mom, I know exactly what it's like...


JUST KIDDING!

I know nothing! I bow down to mothers!!!! And fathers!



Here I am with two bad ass moms...

Mom, Grandma, and Me

HAPPY 60TH BIRTHDAY, MOM!!!!
I LOVE YOU!!!!
What are some of the qualities you and your mom share?

19 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your momma on her birthday! I look like my mom but I think I have my dad's personality. O wait, my mom has a great love for her dog (but my dad does too..lol). That must he where I get it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I *definitely* have more of my mom's personality. I think I look more like my dad, but I have mannerisms that are more like my mom.

      Delete
  2. What a lucky mom! Happy Birthday to her! I would say my mom and I have similar personalities - reserved, dry humor, etc. For looks, it depends who I'm standing next to - haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this !! Your mom sounds awesome !! Happy birthday to your Mom!

    I will have to think about traits I share with my mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet hope you have a fantastic weekend with the family

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww!!! Happy birthday Megan's mom!!!! You two are firecrackers! I love the Jesus birthday meme. That's fantastic! I don't think I've ever seen it before!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your wonderful mom! You are blessed to have her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your mom and I love those memes! I hardly saw #2 but my mom is the same way. I got a t-shirt for $1 at a race expo yesterday and immediately called her to tell her about the deal haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, sometimes on my Friday 5s my #2 is super small. I bet your mom was so happy to hear about your deal! I freaking love a DEAL!!!!

      Delete
  8. Strong willed and independent, which certainly brought about some arguments when I was in high school. I didn't win one until after college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think independence is a great characteristic to inherit from your mother.

      Delete
  9. Aw this is so great! Happy birthday to your mom! Sounds like you inherited a lot of great things from her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to your mom!!! She's not much older than me...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy birthday to your mom, a woman who sounds absolutely amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete