Today, my theme for Friday 5 is...
5 THINGS I LOVE ABOUT BIG BROTHER!!!
The season premiere of Big Brother was on last night. Big Brother is one of our favorite shows. Here are 5 Things we love about watching Big Brother!
1. It's on ALL THE TIME. This is actually one reason people don't like to get invested in Big Brother. But for me? It's a plus! In the summer, I have all the time in the world! I watch the three 1 hour episodes that are on CBS during the week. I DVR Big Brother After Dark which is on every night for about three hours. (I don't watch all three hours, I just fast forward until something good happens. It's nice to watch while stretching and foam rolling.) Then, there's all the PODCASTS I can listen to that talk about the episodes. It's ALL Big Brother ALL THE TIME.
2. The LOVING and the HATING. To me, a "good" season of Big Brother includes characters I LOVE and characters I HATE. Ideally, someone I LOVE wins the game. Or at least someone I HATE doesn't win. Last year, someone I HATED won, so this year I hope karma comes back around and someone I LOVE will be the winner.
Stupid ass shitty Nicole.
3. Julie Chen's outfits. I love to see what Julie is wearing on the Thursday night eviction episodes. She never quite gets the outfit right. She either has on the wrong shoes, her necklace is too chunky, or her dress is lovely but the color is all wrong. The point is, it's interesting and I like to see what she wears. Julie is a beautiful woman, so honestly, a misstep in her style is still 20,000 times more fashionable than anything I wear!
Those shoe!? That neckline!?
4. It's a show Paul and I can watch together. We laugh, we scream, I cry... Big Brother is a show we bond over. And we normally like/hate the same people and think the same types of things are funny, so we are just the most perfect two people to watch Big Brother together. Awwwww!
5. It's FUNNY. The editors do a good job and embrace the show for what it is... NONSENSE!!! But they do little things with the camera cuts, music, and sound effects that make the show hilarious. Julie Chen gets in on the action too, and always embraces the cheesy catch phrases that have burned themselves into Big Brother history on eviction nights. "But first..."