A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

I'm Going to CrimeCon!


Remember how I was going back and forth over whether or not to go to CrimeCon? Well, I'M GOING!!!!

I pulled the trigger this past Friday. I'm registered. Hotel is booked. Flight is booked. Ride to the airport is obtained. (Thanks Mom and Dad!!!)

I'm going to CrimeCon with my cousin! She is obsessed with true crime just like I am! She lives in Atlanta, so we are going to meet up in Indianapolis for the weekend. Meeting up in a city for the weekend sounds like a very grown up thing to do, except that it's for a CRIME CONVENTION hahaha!

One of the reasons I was on the fence about registering was because there was no schedule of events listed. But now there is a schedule and there are a ton of cool events I want to go to! AND there are some awesome confirmed speakers, such as...

NANCY GRACE!

F. LEE BAILEY!

KIRK NURMI!

JIM CLEMENTE!

JAMES RENNER.

Do you know who all of these people are? If you are into True Crime, you do!

I have a lot of homework to do before the event. There are going to be many podcasts set up there. About half of them I already listen to. I'm going to start listening to the other ones so I can be ready.

There are also some people speaking about some cases I never heard of, so again, I am going to brush up on those cases.

I am very excited! June 9th can't come fast enough!

13 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you. When I told Scott about this he said "That's right up your ally, why aren't you going?..haha. Of course we have graduation on the 9th so it wouldn't have been possible anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha you're hilarious! This is your Disneyland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know a few of those people you mention and know you are excited! I don't blame you to be and you get to share it with your cousin too, which is great. I hope you guys have a wonderful trip and time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I am excited to spend time with my cousin too. We only see each other about once a year since she lives in Atlanta.

      Delete
  4. I'm so excited for you!! I hope you have a lot of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea how I didn't know this -- but my best friend Barbs is also obsessed with the Maura Murray case! I mentioned the podcast to her today as something to listen to during her workouts and she was OMGGGGGGGGGGGG I know everything already, haha! I told her about CrimeCon and now she wants to go. Maybe next year we can all meet up for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW SO COOL BABS LIKES MAURA MURRAY!!!!

      I will let you know how Crime Con is, and if it's good, meet up next year!

      Delete
  6. I expect LOTS of details about who you meet and the cool theories etc you learn!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! I want to write about crime more. It seems like it does interest some people!

      Delete