A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, January 26, 2019

Weekly Workouts!


Solid week!

Saturday- 6 miles on the AT. I was still feeling sick but I really wanted to get out on the trail. I knew it would be beautiful due to the snow we got on Thursday night, and as always, the AT didn't disappoint!


 Sick, not high.


Sunday- 6 miles on the treadmill. I had an AWESOME progression run. I started at 6.5 on the treadmill (9:13 pace) and bumped it up one notch every quarter mile until I reached 5.5 miles. That got me to a 6:53 pace! Then I spent a half mile cooling down. It was a great workout but it wasn't super hard. My heart rate didn't get above 140, so that is good!

Monday- 4 mile progression run and lifting. I ended at a 6:22 pace. I'm getting fast again. It's about damn time!


Tuesday- 8 treadmill miles. You guys, I am a TREADMILL RUNNING MACHINE!!!!


Wednesday- 6 treadmill miles. My legs were actually pretty tired. I'm definitely lifting tomorrow.

Thursday- Lifting! No leg work. Trying to be good. :)



Friday-  2 treadmill miles and a circuit. 1000 jump ropes, 100 burpees, 100 mountain climbers, 200 bicycle crunches, 100 kettle bell swings (my ass hurts!) and 100 stability ball pull ins!!!

How were your workouts this week?

2 comments:

  1. So speedy! I left my speed back in my early 30's but I am OK with that. Just happy to be out there getting my slow miles in. This week I ran 10 miles, walked 5 miles, rowed 5 miles, swam 1.1 mile and hit the weights 4 x and did 2 yoga sessions. Felt great. Ready for warmer weather because cold makes me feel really stiff!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been such a wimp and running in the gym! It is helping my speed a lot though and I think running at my more "normal" pace is actually helping my back! I'm going to email my PT about it.

      Delete