A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, January 22, 2018

Weekend Wrap Up

 


Happy Monday!
I hope you had a great weekend.
Here's what we were up to...


Oh man, I feel like every Weekend Wrap Up starts out with me saying "Boy was I tired by the end of the week," but that just seems to be the way it is! I didn't get home from Godspell rehearsal until 10pm on Thursday night, which means I didn't fall asleep until 11:30pm... Then there's the whole Jelly waking me up at 4am and me not falling back asleep thing... UGH!

I did lift before school. And then everything went downhill from there. 

Before the shit hit the fan...


Work was TERRIBLE. The kids were not well behaved and then I developed a sore throat and headache. AM I SICK AGAIN?

Okay, this post is getting negative very fast. I apologize.

Here is the beautiful sunrise I saw before work...


And here is the beautiful protein shake I drank...


After work, I took off my knee high black boots and found a piece of lamination inside my boot, stuck to my leg. HOW DOES THAT HAPPENED!? #teacherproblems.


We were supposed to go visit our friend Bree after work. She lives in Mechanicsburg which is not far from us at all. Just down the street. A very BUSY street. Halfway there, I flipped out because I was just so tired and hungry and did not have anymore energy to sit in traffic. We turned around.

So we came home and just chillaxed the rest of the night. It was a bummer. I have so much stuff to do but the night was wasted by feeling crappy. I didn't even want to do a puzzle. I just wanted to lay. I never want to lay except when I feel really terrible.

Dinner:


I slept for 12 hours on Friday night! I took a sleeping pill to ensure that when Jelly woke me up in the middle of the night I'd be able to fall back asleep. He woke me up twice and I fell right back asleep both times.

I dreamed I got bit by a rattlesnake and Prince William was my doctor. WTF!?

The morning was short... some CCC time... coffee, computer, cats. Then I went for a 6 miler. It was above 30 degrees! I almost put shorts on!

Around lunchtime, we headed to my cousin's house to hold the last Christmas get together of the season. My dad's family started choosing a Saturday in January to get together because the holidays are so busy. I had a great time with my family!

 Zachary, Alex, Jacob, and Paul play some Math 24.

Me and Momma!

Clementine


Me and Daddio

Dad and Grandma


Cousin Nicholas!

Playing a weird game called Speak Out with my cousins!
You put a mouthpiece in your mouth and try to say crazy sentences. Your team has to guess what you're saying. It's hilarious!

Jacob

Zachary

Emma

 Cousins!

Aunt Betty and her Granddaughter, Malone

The cousins draw names and exchange gifts. I got Alex the Rambo DVDs and a sweat dry tech red headband.


 Grandma and her kids- Dad, Aunt Patti, Auntie Eileen, and Uncle David

I had a tea party with mom, Clementine, Clark, and Ellie

Grandma, Auntie Eileen, and me
The cats woke me up four times last night. The one time I couldn't fall back asleep for over two hours. SOMETHING NEEDS TO BE DONE. This is ruining my life.

I still love you, Jelly. But I'm pissed.

I went out and about to all the thrift stores and malls looking for bright pink pants for my Godspell costume and could not find ANY. All the pants are in muted colors right now. It was frustrating.

I was getting blue and just wanted to go home and crawl into bed. Instead, I got this pretzel sandwich from Sheetz, bucked up, and went for a run. I was tired and didn't feel like running, but I knew I would feel better if I got some fresh air. Besides, it temps were in the 40s! How could I pass this up?



Then I rehearsed my Godspell music for 2 hours. Not kidding. There is a lot of shit to learn.


The rest of the day was just spent relaxing. I crawled into bed early to read. I love my bed. Christmas and Jelly, you better not eff with me tonight...
Teachers: Where's the weirdest spot you found lamination?
Tell me the last weird dream you had!
What were you up to this weekend?

17 comments:

  1. Ohh how was the sandwich? Adam loooves any sandwich made with pretzel bread!

    I had an insane dream right before I woke up that I was friends with Trisha Paytas (she was on CBB UK and has a youtube channel) and I was trying to convince her that Sweet Home Alabama was "the best movie made between 1995 and 2005." I'm not totally sure even I think that's accurate but it was really important to me in the dream.

    I also had a dream that my old neighbors wanted to murder Adam and I and we had to decide what to do. We decided we would have Cecil go stay at my mom's and wait for them to make their attempt and then Adam was going to fight them off while I called 911. Not sure it's the best plan lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sandwich was very good. I was so hungry so it was my breakfast/lunch and PERFECT running fuel!

      Your dream is hilarious. I do not think Sweet Home Alabama was the best movie made in that decade either, but I'm sure you did your best to convince her. ;)

      Did you fight off your neighbors?

      Delete
    2. My alarm woke me up in the middle of the neighbor dream, but when I woke up the first thing I thought was MURDER! It was actually frightening!

      Delete
  2. It was so nice on Saturday! I feel like I even over dressed for my long run which was a nice change from feeling like I would be freezing.
    Speak Out is hysterical. My cousins brought it to a family party over the summer and we just kept laughing at how ridiculous everyone looks. So much fun!
    I rarely remember my dreams but I would not complain about Prince William being my doctor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I would choose Prince Harry if I had to have a prince to care of me. :) I can't believe I never heard of the Speak Out game. Did you guys drool? I was drooling a couple times!

      Delete
  3. I have a solution to your Jelly Problem. Do you have a couch downstairs? If so, perhaps you can sleep down there a few nights a week and Jelly won't bother you. Or perhaps you can sleep in the guest bedroom and close the door. Does Paul ever get up with the cats instead of you waking up?

    We had this problem with our Weimaraner. It was getting really bad. I told Scott that we were going to each take turns staying at the Hotel across the street so at least one of us could get a good night's sleep. It never came to that and now I feel bad since that dog is no longer with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing, I feel bad complaining because I'd choose Jelly waking me up over the alternative... not having him at all. Your suggestions are good but I am going to text you about them.

      Delete
  4. Is Prince William trained in the medical field? was he a good doctor in your dream?

    A post holiday- Holiday! How fun!! Did you have holiday food too?

    That pretzel sandwich looks good! maybe I'm just really hungry right now!

    It wasn't the weirdest dream, but because we have been watching The Crown, I was dreaming we were invited to dinner with the Queen, but the Queen from 50 years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember if he was good, I just remember thinking... why is he a doctor???

      We order pizza for our Christmas party. Tradition!

      Delete
  5. Those weird dreams... that's how it goes when you take meds to sleep. Believe me, I know. I took muscle relaxers for one of my injuries and slept like 12 hours and had weird dreams. It looks like you had a great weekend with the family and I'm glad you got together in January rather than around the holidays, that's a good idea because this is a slower month anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love taking medicine before bed, or ativan before a plane ride. Just that foggy, can't keep your eyes open feeling is the BEST. That being said, I rarely do it. I don't want to come off as a pill popper!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like you had a good weekend. I’m sorry about the cats causing you so much trouble. That’s pretty frustrating.

    I had a very snowy weekend and just relaxed and went cross country skiing. It was nice, but I do miss some of the high alpine stuff. It’s too scary to venture too far in the mountains with all this snow. There has been some huge avalanche risk. I miss summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my I never even thought of an avalanche! SO I guess that is a real thought you have in your head before you go run trail in the snow? Is there a certain altitude it becomes a risk?

      Delete
  7. Saturday was really busy, and then yesterday was almost nothing. We got a lot of snow yesterday and when that happens, I don't want to go any where.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so fun to just cuddle up inside when it is snowing. But I do get cabin fever after a day and want to go out.

      Delete
  8. You had a full weekend... no wonder you also need to sleep sometimes ;)

    My weekend wasn't nearly as exciting. I did get a longer run in, but for the rest of the time I was glued to the TV to find out if I was going to work on Monday or not (Yes, I work for the government)... what a limbo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realize you worked for the fed govt. Going to read your blog right now for more info because I see you posted about it. Glad you are back at work now! (I'm assuming.)

      Delete