A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, January 18, 2018

Chrissy did the impossible!

My cat Christmas doesn't do anything half assed. He is large and in charge. He's vocal and asks for what he wants. Actually, he demands what he wants! 


Christmas is a very loving cat with a big personality. Unfortunately, he is one of those cats who likes to pee in the corner once in awhile. (We have tried everything, so if you give me a tip to prevent it, I promise you we have already been there, done that!)

He uses the peeing to be manipulative and vindictive. Usually it's when he wants fed. But oh, I love him so.

The other day when I got home from work, Paul said he had a wild story for me about Christmas. Here's what happened...

Paul was down in the back room of our basement. It's the unfinished area where we store things. Paul was standing by his work bench and he noticed some cat pee dripping down the side of the dehumidifier that was on the work bench. The cats are not allowed in the back room, so Paul had no idea how Christmas could have gotten back there and peed.


Then he looked up... There was a little hole in the wooden ceiling and it was wet! Wait a second...



He went upstairs to the guestroom, which would have been the room right on top of the storage room area where Paul had been standing. There was a huge puddle of pee on the floor and spray on the wall. Christmas must have peed on the floor, some of it seeped through the cracks, and then through the second hole in the wood that acted as the ceiling in the basement.



Christmas managed to pee through a FLOOR and a CEILING and essentially, pee in the only room of the house he is not allowed in.

Chrissy did the impossible, and I think it actually makes me love him more!



Paul on the other hand was highly annoyed. I guess maybe I would have a different take on it too if I was the one who had to clean all of that up!
What's the most "amazing" thing your pet did?
Are there any areas of your home your pets are not allowed in?

14 comments:

  1. That almost seems like something that would be in a sitcom! Crazy how the pee managed to make it through so much material into the basement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that must have been a lot of pee! There is no where in the house Baylee is not allowed to be.

    When we lived at home, we had a lab named Reed. I was downstairs in our living room and I jokingly asked Reed to go get me a blanket. At the most I figured she would just bring the small throw blanket I had on my bed. Several minutes later I noticed she drug off my comforter and ALL the blankets that were on my bed! I know this story sounds far fetched but it's true. Those labs are smart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww wow! Had you taught her to do that or did she just pick up on those commands from hearing you guys talk?

      Delete
    2. I never once taught her to do that. I was shocked!

      Delete
  3. lol Chrissy is like "that's my room too, even if you won't allow me in it!"

    cecil is allowed to go anywhere in the house except for the patio. even though the patio is fenced in i am too scared of a big bird swooping down and carrying him away, or more realistically him getting bugs since we dont have him on flea/tick medication. i saw a big bird grab a baby duck and fly away once ... luckily it dropped the baby from a low height and the mama duck was able to get it back but of course I now have this irrational fear that the same thing could happen to cecil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand. I used to let the cats out in our fenced in yard. One day Jelly jumped the fence and climbed up our neighbor's tree. We needed to borrow a ladder to get him out. I still can't believe he did that!

      When I lived in my apartment, I used to let Chrissy go out on the balcony. One day he jumped up on the railing! I am sick thinking I let him do that.

      Delete
  4. My parents have a cat who poops outside the box, right next to it, so they have a big towel around it and wash it when he uses it. the only time he's ever pooped in a box is when I visit with Allie. He poops in her box, and she poops in his!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW he must be showing off when company comes.

      Delete
  5. My cat went down through our laundry chute! From the 2nd floor of the house to the main floor. She keeps wanting to jump back up in the chute door again too. I guess it was not traumatic, but a good time for her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally remember that story! I can't believe that happened and that she's okay.

      Delete
  6. Chrissy is very determined !! She was going to mark her territory!

    I can't think of a funny pet story, I only had Cordy and I think she thought she owned the house and we just lived there, we said she had a cat personality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny! Now I wonder what gave Cordy the idea she owned the house... because I know where my cats have gotten the idea. :)

      Delete