Today's Friday 5 theme is a "free" day (per the rules of the Friday 5 Link Up), so I thought I'd give you the run down about my race tomorrow....
1. I have no clue what to expect. The training I did between April 2nd and now was kind of weird. I've had fast days, I've had slow days, and I've had glute/hammy issue days. The truth is, I have no clue how I am going to feel on race day until I start running.
2. My pie in the sky goal is a PR!!! Can I just get a sub 1:38:07 please???
3. I'm going to carry the following items with me: Salt tabs, TP, Ibuprofin. The thing about the TP is, if I don't have it, I'll need it. If I do have it, I won't need it. I *might* carry water. Not sure about that one yet.
4. My race plan: Try to stick around a 7:25 pace. If I am feeling good around Mile 9 and want to crank it up, I will. But I am not banking on the fact that I will feel good. I fully expect this race to suck. Ha! Maybe I do have expectations!
5. This race looks a little strange. It's the Movie Madness half marathon. It starts and ends on City Island. The route is very similar to the Capital 10-Miler except no bridge, more Riverfront, and more Greenbelt. The reason it looks strange... All the old race pics feature people dressed in costumes. No one is just dressed like a runner! I don't have a costume! Am I going to be the only person who isn't dressed up!? Time will tell.
Today, I'm linking up with the DC girls for Friday 5!