I've had a "thing" for zucchinis this summer and have been trying out a couple different ways to use them in recipes. A few days ago, I found several recipes online for zucchini fries. They range from very healthy versions to semi healthy versions- like this recipe by Paula Deen.
So I took the healthiest recipe I could find (not Paula's!) and tried to make it even healthier. But it still had to taste good.
And here it is for you!
Meg's Zucchini Fries
2 medium zucchinis
salt, pepper, garlic, & Italian seasoning
1 egg white
1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. bread crumbs (can be already seasoned)
1. Quarter 2 medium zucchinis. If they're still pretty big, or you like your fries small, you can cut them into eighths. (That's what I did!) Then slice them in half so they're "fry sized".
2. Put your bread crumbs in a bowl. If they're not already seasoned, season with salt, pepper, garlic, and Italian seasoning to taste.
3. Whisk the egg white and milk in another bowl. Coat each slice of zucchini with this mixture.
4. Lay out the zucchini on a greased baking pan.
5. Use a spoon to sprinkle the bread crumbs over your zucchini slices. You don't have to use all of the crumbs if it is too much for you. Then, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and any additional seasonings. I really like to overdo it on the pepper and garlic! And the salt. Who am I kidding?
7. Bake for 30 minutes, longer if you like your fries a little burnt like I do!
VOILA!!! AS YOU CAN SEE, I ENJOY MY ZUCCHINI FRIES SLIGHTLY BURNT AND DIPPED IN WARM MARINARA SAUCE WITH A GLASS OF WINE!
ADD A CHICKEN BREAST AND THAT'S A DAMN GOOD DINNER!