A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My First Blog! – Summer Goals

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Greetings!


Look, I started a blog! Over the past few months, I have really gotten into reading blogs, and you know... monkey see, monkey do. I plan on this blog being about my life, fitness, food, and fun. Just think of it as one of my Facebook posts, only longer. And maybe a bit more personal.

Onward!

Summer Goals


Some people make resolutions on January 1st, but as a teacher, I am more likely to start making goals around the beginning of June. There’s something about having 10 glorious weeks of summer vacation that makes me feel like I have the time and energy to conquer anything!

Here is my list of goals for the summer. Unfortunately, some of them are a little lofty (ahem, #2) but I’m going to give them all a fair shot!

1.    Start a blog. Look! I already achieved this one!

I made a Wordle! Grad school taught me something!

2.    Cut out artificially sweetened beverages. They’re so unhealthy. (Yes, I am sure there are other unhealthy things I consume, but I drink fake sugar pretty much all day long.) Fake sugar is not a treat for me, it’s a staple in my diet. I get home from a run and I pound some Crystal Lite mix. If I'm bored, a diet soda will fix that. When I'm getting ready to hit the gym, an iced coffee with 3 Splendas can get me hype. It’s a horrible habit!




3.    Start washing all my fruits and veggies. I sometimes don’t do it. I know. I’m gross.



4.    Learn to how do squats with the Smith machine. My hubby is going to have to help me with that one! (And I am ashamed I don't already know how to do this!)






What are your goals for the summer? 

Am I the only lazy person who doesn't always wash my produce? 

2 comments:

  1. Haha, it's okay, I don't wash my produce either! I think these are good goals! I've been trying to run more and eat healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy to report I have been washing MOST of my produce. I get lazy with lettuce... so annoying. And I think that is one of the dirtiest ones!

    ReplyDelete