A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

My first day without fake sugary drinks- a dramatic tale.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Okay, it's not that dramatic. I didn't get a headache and I didn't get cranky or anything like that. I just couldn't have what I wanted. Welcome to adulthood, Megan, time to grow up and do the right thing!

Here's how I coped during my first day without fake sugary drinks...

8am – Iced Coffee Time! Normally I put half a packet of Stevia in my coffee and sugar-free creamer. Today I skipped the Stevia and used fully sugared creamer. OH NO, 10 EXTRA CALORES I'M GONNA BE HUGE!!! Okay, let's calm down...

8:30am – Time for my protein oats, or Proatmeal, as I like to call it. Usually I use 1 packet of plain oatmeal, 1/2 scoop vanilla whey protein mix, and the other half of the Stevia packet. Today I substituted some strawberries for the Stevia. Ahhhh, nature's sugar.

10:15am – Drank water (gasp!) after my run. I had it all prepared beforehand so I could just grab it. Even though there is still Margarita Crystal Lite in a pitcher in the fridge...

10:45am – Made my protein shake without Stevia. I barely noticed it wasn't there. Maybe I am getting used to this...

3:00pm – Sucked it up and drank some water. I put it in a wine glass to feel fancy. It still tasted like water. Did you know there are people in this world that don't even have clean drinking water and here I am complaining about the nice, clean, readily available water I can just drink out of a wine glass whenever I feel like it? Gosh I am such a bitch.

7:55pm – Was really thirsty and craving Crystal Lite. Drank a wine glass full of water.

9:15 – I started having HUGE cravings for my Crystal Lite. (Notice how now it's "my" Crystal Lite.) I guess I like my sweet drinks in the evening. Instead I filled up my wine glass with more water, dumped in some lemon juice, and ate my feelings in the form of leftover chex mix. I NEED TO GET THAT STUFF OUT OF MY HOUSE!!

10:33pm – Bed. Day #1 wasn't so bad. I got this.

No comments:

Post a Comment