A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Peanut Butter No Bake Energy Bites

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Where is summer!?


It hasn't felt like summer yet, and this morning's thunderstorms aren't helping! Now granted it's only my third day off, and my days have been jam packed with piano lessons, doctors appoints, and now today, a four and a half hour technology training at work. But I am ready for some WARM weather! Bring it on!

I was going to do my backyard/back porch circuits this am, but I don't think that's going to work now. I don't use much equipment- just a mat, jump rope, a set of 8lb dumbbells and 10lb dumbbells. METAL dumbbells. Lightening + metal dumbbells...!? I think spinning intervals may be a better idea for today!

No Bake Peanut Butter Energy Bites



I've seen several recipes online for these and I always wanted to try them. The recipe below is a combination of several that I found.

They were originally called “Protein Bites” but I am calling them Energy Bites because there is some carb and sugar action involved. I could see myself eating these during or after a run. But so far I have been grabbing one or two whenever I'm craving peanut butter.

Yum!

No Bake Peanut Butter Energy Bites

½ cup peanut butter
¼ cup vanilla protein powder
¼ cup honey
5 tbsp oats
2 tbsp chia seeds
¼ tsp vanilla



Melt the peanut butter for about 30 seconds. Combine all the ingredients into a bowl and stir. Roll into small balls- I got 23 out of this batch. Place in a container and refrigerate. Voila!



**After making these, I realized you could easily use more oats to beef it up.

**You could probably add more protein powder too because I couldn't even taste it!

**The chia seeds could be skipped if desired. The only reason I even had chia seeds is because someone gave them to me.

**You could also add chocolate morsels, nuts or dried fruit!


The nutrition info is based off of the exact measurements of my recipe!

Serving Size = 1 bite
Calories = 62
Carbs = 6g
Protein = 3g
Fat = 3g

If you make these, let me know what you think. Or if you want to try them, come on over! I have a bunch left! Although they might not last very long...

No comments:

Post a Comment