A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, December 15, 2018

Weekly Workouts


Happy Saturday!
Seriously, I am sooooo happy it's Saturday.
My left leg was a little wonky this week. If the weather is nice today, I'll test it out on the trails. But I think it's supposed to rain all weekend...

Saturday- 7 solo miles at Detweiler Park.  The temperatures were brisk, just the way I like it! I needed this solo run on the trail to get my head on straight! Unfortunately, my leg felt jacked later in the day- upper hammy and groin.



Sunday- Lifting at Planet Fitness. My plan was to run trail with Allison but the day before but I wanted to be cautious about my leg. Things felt good when I woke up (at 9!!!! TRAZAZOOOOONE!!!!) so after I dropped Paul off at his parent's house, my plan was to do a deck of cards workout and then test it out on the ol' treadmill. Well, after sitting in the car,  (40 min round trip) I walked into the gym and it felt REALLY jacked! So I played it safe and only lifted. As the day went on it went back to normal, which is good.

Mad about not being able to run but it's ALWAYS 
good to lift!


Monday- 2 deck of cards workouts, push ups, and core work. I wanted to run but I rested my leg again. It's best to be on the safe side.

Tuesday- 5 neighborhood miles. It was chilly! My high hammy felt fine, but both groins got tight right at the end. Oh well, that's a lot better than they felt before! I'm glad I tested it out.

Wednesday- Lifting @ Planet Fitness. La la la...

Thursday- 3 neighborhood miles and a deck of cards workout. My leg started to feel a little jacked so I figured it would be better to cut the run short and do some cardio in my carport. I'm glad I did because my leg felt fine for the rest of the day. I guess I just have to take it easy right now!

Friday- 2 deck of cards workouts in my carport. I was going to do the workout at the gym but it was only like 37 degrees so I figured that was a fine temperature to workout outside.

How were your workouts this week?

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you had a good week of workouts -- sorry it wasn't as much running but for as long as I have known you when you are "jacked up" you just need to scale back a bit and you seem to be able to train through it. Me, on the other hand, I have have to totally stop running when something comes up because I just seem to dig myself into a hole. This week I was able to walk just over 21 miles! That felt awesome. I swam one day lifted 4 days and did 10-15 minutes of yoga each day. The yoga really helps my tight hips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a lot of walking1 Good work on all of those quality workouts. :) Do you come up with your own yoga workout or do you use a video?

      Delete