A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, December 27, 2018

Our Christmas Eve and Christmas

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


What a great couple days with our families! Here's quick recap of what we were up to on Christmas Eve and Christmas. It's basically just a photo dump of all the people we love...

This year, we started a new tradition in which we celebrated Christmas Eve with my mom's side of the family at Tyler and Debby's house. We used to celebrate at my Grandma and Pappy's house, but after Grandma passed away, Pappy moved and there isn't room for all of us to gather. Tyler and Debby offered to host because they have a big house with an open floor plan.

There were 36 people there!


 


 Cousin John, Thankful, and Aunt Debbie

Nick


Cousin Dylan and Morgan

Cousin Tiff, Corey, and their kids Logan, Lainey, and Maliyah




 The girls are super into My Little Pony!

 Cousin Logan

 Aunt Debbie and her crew!

 Ellie and Clem with Pappy

 Cousin Casey, wife Jess, and their kids Lilly and Emmy


Uncle Scott playing with the kids


 Pappy Clause!

 Paul and Cal

 Uncle Rick, Mom, Pappy, and Aunt Debby

  Cousin Jake, Aunt Tracy, Uncle Scott, and Cousin Eden

 Uncle Rick and his granddaughter, Emmy

 Uncle Rick and Aunt Jane

 Aunt Tracy and Uncle Scott

 Tyler and Debby

 Aunt Kathie, Uncle Shane, Cousin Brooklyn and Cousin Anthony

Clark and Logan

Later that evening, we went to a much more low key gathering at my in-law's house. We had an Italian meal, opened a couple presents, and just talked and laughed.

 My nephew Even and FIL Bob

Nephew Zay and MIL Deb


Zay got pjs...

I do not know what that hand sign is, I hope it's appropriate!

Violet got out her flute and played for us!
She is very good- nice tone!

When we got home, I was POOPED! I was looking forward to a good night of sleep... but of course woke up at 4:17 on Christmas Morning! It's okay, I studied Spanish on my phone, caught up on the news, and relaxed with coffee. Then I went for a 6 miler.






Paul and I continued our Christmas tradition we started last year- breakfast! We made French toast with real bacon, and fruit. We topped it with Vermont maple syrup we got on vacation this past summer.





Around lunchtime, we headed to Tyler and Debby's house to celebrate Christmas with my family. We opened gifts, ate, played games, played ukuleles, and laughed our faces off!






















 I got my dad a ukulele for Christmas! We had a lesson and a jam session!

When Paul and I got home, we were pretty tired! But we did play cards. Chrissy performed his one man play called "I'm so hugrrrrrrrry!"


We made plates at Debby's to take home for dinner. Our Christmas dinner consisted of a baloney and cheese sandwich, shrimp, chicken lo mein, and a deviled egg.


My little devil got a lick of the deviled egg! Of course Christmas likes deviled eggs!

Meowy Christmas!
What did you do on Christmas Eve and Christmas?

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great Christmas full of family! Also, I think my cats know that same one man play :) We usually have to travel to see family for Christmas and this was the first time in a long time we weren't traveling so we relished staying home and relaxing. We were as lazy as possible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm glad you got a relaxing Christmas at home. :)

      Delete
  2. I love how you documented the holiday with all these photos! I wish I would have remembered to do so. I think I got 2 pictures all day. One of Baylee and one of my Pappy cus he liked his gift so much!
    Glad you had a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S Why do you have your beautiful hutch covered up?

      Delete
    2. What did you get your Pappy?

      Hutch is covered so Christmas doesn't eat the garland. :)

      Delete
    3. I don't even know why I hung the garland this year....

      Delete
    4. I got my pap a Steelers "ugly sweater " . You can see it on my IG!

      Delete
  3. Wow -- such a big family! What a fun day. We celebrated with Rick's family, as usual. I guess there were 35 of us. My nephew's fiance invited her sister (and family) and her mom and dad and grandma. It was perfect. Rick's brother has a huge house and a big heated garage so they set up tables in the garage. It was really nice! Christmas day was at my sister's house. Only 6 of us but it was nice to be low key and just have fun together. I will say this, though...the holidays are kind of exhausting. I was crashed out by 7 pm on Christmas night!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rick has a big family too then! I was exhausted too! Plus I was a little sick so that didn't help.

      Delete
  4. That sounds like such a great Christmas! Your fam is huge! We celebrated at my in-laws place and there were maybe 10 people there. Frank and I both have very small families. We had a good time though. It's always nice to see everyone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is always great to see family. :) Glad you and Frank had a great Christmas!

      Delete
  5. It looks like you had a wonderful Christmas and I'm kinda jealous that you had your whole family together like that. Also love your coffee mug with the vodka phrase on it ;).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thankful our family still makes the effort to get together. It's easy for me and Paul- 20 min drive. Some of my cousins came from CA!

      Delete