A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, December 6, 2018

It's over!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
I was going to write about my favorite concerts I have attended but I didn't have time! The funny thing is that the reason I didn't have time to write about concerts is because last night was my 4th grade chorus concert!


Concert week is always crazy. There are extra rehearsals (during my lunch), a little bit of drama (can't get into that!), and then of course the actual concerts. We performed yesterday afternoon for the school and again in the evening for all of the parents and families.

The concerts went well! The parents and grandparents just loved seeing their kiddo up on the stage. I love seeing the kids all dressed up, excited, and nervous.

I dress up too... these are the shoes I wore to work that day!
I DON'T MESS AROUND ON CONCERT DAY!

This is the smallest chorus I ever had- 39 kids. There have been years where I had over 80 kids in chorus! One of the reasons the numbers have been dwindling is because chorus rehearses at recess, which means the students have to be willing to give up two recesses every eight days. I VALUE recess and I don't think kids should have to miss recess for chorus. But that's the way it is. So while the numbers are smaller, at least I only have the really dedicated singers!


Because I have only the dedicated kids, they come to rehearsal focused and ready to work. They never talk over me. I can't tell you how much of a JOY it is teaching chorus this year! I love my students and I am so proud of their performance last night, but more importantly, all the hard work they did to prepare for the special night.

After the concerts are over, I'm SO READY to relax!
Were you in chorus when you were in school?
Parents: How do you feel about attending school concerts!? (You won't hurt my feelings...)

10 comments:

  1. Yay for a successful holiday concert! What will the chorus kids work on now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will take a break until we come back to school in January. So for the rest of Dec, they get their recess back! In January, we will start working on our spring concert music and that concert is in April.

      Delete
  2. Awesome job, Megan. You are so dedicated and those booties say you mean business! I was not on chorus. God no. Horrible voice. I took art! We attend holiday concerts for our nephews. I love them. I always get choked up at some point during it. I'm so sappy. One year the 5th graders did sign language to Silent Night with the lights off and glow in the dark gloves. OMG, I get teary just thinking about it. It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I would have cried during that rendition of Silent Night as well! Sounds like your nephews have a very creative chorus teacher. Funny, I suck at art!

      Delete
  3. I do enjoy going to school concerts! The first year band ones were a little tough because the music was so simple, and they didn't play very well, but other than that I've liked the band performances, plays, musicals, everything! Enjoy your relaxing!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I agree, beginner instruments is rough!

      Delete
    2. Your shoes are so cool! Did your feet hurt after you wore them? I'm glad the concert went well, concerts are so cool! especially during the holidays.

      Delete
    3. My feet hurt a little by the end of the day. It felt good to take them off!

      Delete
  4. I was in chorus when I was in school (at least for a while). My Mom still sings at the chorus of my high school and they have a Christmas concert every year. I wish I could attend.

    ReplyDelete