Hey all! I am linking up with Fairytales and Fitness for Friday 5!
Today, I'm going to share 5 ways to give EXPERIENCES instead of STUFF this holiday season! Last year we tried to give our family as many experiences as Christmas gifts as possible and it was a big hit!
1. Tickets, tickets, tickets! Whether it's a concert, comedy show, musical, movie, sporting event... you can't go wrong with giving someone a pair of tickets to something they will enjoy!
Local ideas: Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra, Dutch Apple Dinner Theater, Hershey Bears games, Senators baseball game, Oxymoron Improv
2. Subscriptions/Memberships. This could be a magazine subscription or something like Blue Apron. Or, go for a membership to a local museum, garden, or science center.
Local ideas: Pennsylvania State Museum, The Whitaker Center, Hershey Gardens
3. A day out to do a fun recreation. Think of what the gift recipient would enjoy. Kids are easy... snow tubing, bowling, ice skating, roller skating, laser tag, arcade, go-carts, amusement park, rock climbing, one of those crazy trampoline places. Adults may like some of those ideas too! Adults may also like something like Paint Nite, hot air balloon ride, race registration,
Local Ideas: Carlisle Sports Emporium, Ski Roundtop, Twin Ponds, Knoebels, Hershey Park, Sky Zone, Monkey Joes, Color Me Mine
4. A homemade dinner. This gift is perfect for parents and grandparents! Invite them over to your house for a delicious meal with all the trimmings! We started doing this for my parents and they come over in January for a meal. It's nice to have something to look forward to during the winter months!
5. Lessons or classes. Think outside the box! Pay for music lessons, dance classes, or martial arts classes. Buy your friend or family member a cooking class, painting class, guitar lessons... anything, really!
6. Pampering. Nails, hair, massage, sports massage... Seriously, just get every adult on your list a message for Christmas and it will be their favorite gift!