Hey all! I am linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for Friday 5 2.0!
Today, my theme for Friday 5 is SUMMER GOALS. I don't always have goals for the New Year, but I normally have goals for summer! During the summer, I have more time on my hands to really focus on what I want to focus on.
At first I wasn't sure I had any summer goals, but before long I realized I actually do. Here's what I would like to accomplish!
1. Cross as many things off my summer "to do" list as possible. I know, there's a lot on the list, but most of them are super doable as long as we don't have too many days where we bail on plans and just stay home. We are homebodies... but we GOTTA PUT OURSELVES OUT THERE!
2. Spring clean every room in the house. We did this last year and I think it was very positive. I mean, we got every single nook and cranny. I even got out tweezers to dig out dirt I found between the baseboards and the walls in the bathroom. When I say every nook and cranny, I mean it.
3. Run trail races for fun. I don't want to RACE anything (not in the near future anyway) but I do want to run trail more often. I'm usually scared to run trail during the summer because I'm afraid of snakes. But if it's a trail race, hopefully the snakes will slither away from a huge pack of runners.
4. Spruce up the outside of our home. There's lots to do. Weeding, mulching, trimming... We have to replace some shutters on the side of our house that have been broken for years! And the screen door on the front of our house broke off a couple years ago too, so it would be nice to replace that. Oh, and the front door could use some painting...
5. Solve the JonBenet case. JUST KIDDING!!!! I have been trying for years and haven't gotten anywhere...
It seems like every summer I want to work on my house. Last year it was the outside, this year it will be the inside. I want to have a room painted and now it looks like i'm at the mercy of the painter. I've painted it twice myself since we lived here but the ceilings are just too high for us to paint without renting scaffolding so i'm leaving it to the professionals this time. I wish they'd hurry up and pencil me in! You should take before and after pics of your shutters and door!ReplyDelete
I should do before and after, although I will be embarrassed for everyone to see my shutters!I don't blame you for hiring painters. If we ever repaint we will definitely go that route. We don't have high ceilings I just don't need that aggravation!!Delete
I have a to-do list that is a mile long! I just don't want to deal with anything that's on it. Enjoy your summer!ReplyDelete
You need to make a fun to do list so for everything you cross off your boring adult to do list, you can a reward with something fun!Delete
I definitely need to do some spring cleaning around the house. I really want to minimize clutter this summer!ReplyDelete
Getting rid of clutter will feel so freeing, I'm sure!Delete
We moved last fall and I got rid of a bunch of stuff. Now I am just trying to organize things around here. Great goalsReplyDelete
I live organizing! I hope you get it done.Delete
Great list! My summer goals involve helping my teenage boys get jobs. Their last day of school is today and then exams on Monday!ReplyDelete
Nice!! Working hard for that money!Delete
Maybe finish decorating? It's taking me quite a while to get decorations up, and I keep forgetting to go to Michael's and get what I need.ReplyDelete
Do you enjoy decorating? I love decorating for Christmas.Delete
I always just want to do as much fun stuff as possible in the summer that I can't do in the winter (BBQs at the lake, baseball games, Harley rides w/ Rick, up to the mountains). I think my list would easily double or triple if I didn't have to work. I think I would take a ton of day trips. Our big to-do list items: remodel our kitchen (currently happening) then finally complete my workout room!ReplyDelete
Man if I lived in co id be able to think of a ton of stuff to Do!Delete
Best wishes with #5. That's quite a lofty goal :).ReplyDelete
I think it's awesome you set SUMMER goals. Way better to set seasonal ones and small things than to set a whole bunch or a huge one at the new year when everyone else is. I'm also down with spring cleaning, we got our house cleaned and I'm determined not to let things get out of hand with it.
Well I am currently in line at crime con about to meet one of the lead investigators on the case. I'm ready to geek out!!!Delete
I prefer trails in the summer over winter. They're almost impassable here during the winter.ReplyDelete
I wonder if I can convince my husband we need to clean baseboards with tweezers...
Hmmm let me know if you get him to!Delete
I love how detailed you are on the housecleaning!! If anything, I just hope to clean the bathroom once per week... and my son's room. Everything else can wait!ReplyDelete
Do you have any trailraces that you are looking at?
You know what I looked and I can't find anything that line up right! Do you have a suggestion? I don't want to drive far and I think that is the problem.Delete