I am fortunate enough to have 10 weeks off in the summer. Obviously there are more good things about this work schedule than bad. Is there anything bad about it? Well, the only thing I can think of is that I have a habit of putting things off until summer... even though there is no reason to put things off! And it's not just unpleasing things like cleaning, organizing, etc. It's fun things... like reading, going to Zumba, doing day trips, etc.
Since I tend to put things off until summer, that means there are A LOT of things I want to do this summer! I'm sure we'll do some of them but other times we'll have something on the schedule and just not do it. We're homebodies.
Anyway, here's a list of a bunch of things I want to do this summer! You'll notice some of the items are from my PA Bucket List!
- Language Immersion classes at The Frederickson Library (to help me practice speaking Spanish!)
- Read more
- Attend Cumberland County Democratic meetings and meetups
- Go to the Mutter Museum in Philly
- Go to the Red Rabbit for my first time!
- Kayak down the Yellow Breeches creek (anyone have kayaks we could borrow!?)
- Visit some new state parks
- Ride our bikes to Mt. Gretna on the Conewago Trail
- Try the mountain bike trails at Swatara State Park
- Visit Long Trout Winery
- Hang out during the day with my SIL!
- Go out for happy hour once a week and try new places we have never been to
- Go see a live taping of the Stephen Colbert (we already have tickets!)
- Day trip to DC w/ Paul (planned!)
- Day trip to DC alone to go to the Holocaust Museum (planned!)
- Go to local carnivals and festivals
- Take advantage of free music in the parks
PA peeps... What am I missing!?
Happy Hour suggestions?
State Park must dos?