A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Weekly Workout Recap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Holaaaah! It's Saturday! That means you get to read my boring recap of all the training I did this week. 

The good news is I reached my goal of running 40 miles this week! I only run 5 days per week so sometimes it is hard to rack up the miles.

Saturday- I had a fun race pace run at the Conewago Trail. I warmed up and cooled down with 2 miles for a total of 11. It was tough, but just the right amount of tough!



8:20, 8:18
7:17, 7:09, 7:12, 7;12. 7;13, 7:13, 7;12
8:19, 8:06

Sunday- Just a chill neighborhood 6 miler. Both of these weekend runs were done in shorts!



8:11, 8;13, 8:16, 8:10, 8:00, 7:44

Monday- I deviated from my training and ran 5 miles. I was supposed to lift, but I was feeling blue... the kind of blue a run can cure! I was tired but enjoyed my run.



8:30, 8:27, 8:19, 8:09, 8:05

Tuesday- I was mad that I switched my run because I felt like running again on Tuesday! It helped that the temperature was 40 degrees! Alas, I made myself lift. If I had run again, it would have seriously screwed up my speed training... and I already screwed it up a little bit.


Chest Press- 5x8x30lb <--- Back up to my PR!

Push Ups- 5x10 <--- Really hard after those chest presses!

Shoulder Press- 10x10x20lb <--- I am ready to lift heavier but not quite ready for 25s. I wish I had 22.5s!

Band Asst. Wide Grip Pull Ups- 5x6

Band Asst. Neutral Grip Pull Ups- 5x6

Bicep Curls- 3x10x15lb <--- I am ready for 20s. I need to stop being lazy.

Tricep Dips- 3x15 <--- Why do I do these? They are useless.

Plank w/ Row- 3x10x10lbs <--- Again, ready for more weight, but not ready for 15s. I wish I had 12.5s!

**Lots of core/hip/glute stuff*

Wednesday- This morning, I did the 8 miles I was supposed  to do yesterday. I ran in SHORTS my friends, SHORTS! It was glorious. No Garmin picture because Paul has hijacked my Garmin to wear on his walks, so sometimes I don't have it available to take a picture!



Thursday- I did a strange speed workout that I can only describe as some sort of ladder! I'll tell you more about it in an upcoming post because boy did I have a lot to think about during my cool down miles! Here's the gist of the workout:


Warm Up: 

2 miles @ 8:34

Intervals: 

400 @ 6:30
800 @ 6:41
1200 @ 6:49
1 mile @ 7: 00
1.25 miles @ 7:08
1.5 miles @ 7:18

Cool Down: 

1.5 miles @ 8:34

After each interval, I did a 400 recovery @ 8:34 pace. I am most proud of keeping my recoveries to a 400 and not increasing them as the distance of the interval increased. Believe me, I wanted more time to recover!

10 miles total! I wanted to stop at 9 but I was determined to make it to 40 miles for the week. And I did!

Friday- Upper body lifting at home! It was pretty much what I did on Tuesday. If it ain't broke, don't fix it! Actually, there are things I want to fix but I need to invest in more weights to do so!
Tell me about your best workout this week!

11 comments:

  1. That IS a strange ladder. I don't even know how I'd set up my watch for that!

    40 miles -- wow! -- the most I've ever done in one week was 30, but then again, my pace is almost twice yours so it's twice as time consuming. :)

    And right now I'm only running 3 x weeks, but that keeps me running, so I'm good with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't always do 40 miles, I have been in the low to mid 30s for almost a year! I am training for a half right now so I am trying to get my mileage up there, but will bring it back down when my race is over. My body likes recovery time!

      That ladder I did on the treadmill, I don't know how I would do it outside unless I was at a track! :)

      Hope you are having a great weekend!

      Delete
  2. Nice job on the workouts, Megan! My workouts were great--only 3 runs and 2 swims and finished w/ 2 rest days because I had to get some dry needling done and I like to give my muscles a good amount of time to recover. Where is your long run today? Have an awesome weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is dry needling?

      I think I am just going to run around my neighborhood today. Ugh. 12 miles. No other real choice, though! Unless Paul wants to venture somewhere with me to walk, but I can't imagine him wanting to walk for like an hour and a half!

      Delete
  3. Woo! Congrats on hitting 40 miles!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Twas an easier feat when I was running 6-7 days a week!

      Delete
  4. Great job last week! That speed workout looks interesting. I was loving running in shorts last week too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It reminded me of your race pace ladder workout because while I kept decreasing the pace by .2 on the treadmill, I increased the distance by .25

      Delete
  5. Oh no particular reason at all for the blues. Just randomly sad that morning. It happens, right? I asked Paul if he wants his own Garmin and he said no. We will see if he changes his mind. 20lb is a lot for bicep curls but 15lb is so easy right now! I think I could do 20.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome job on the 40 miles!!!! I know you said "boring training post" but I actually like reading these type as some of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete