A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, March 5, 2016

Weekly Workout Recap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What a week! I am beat. I'm hoping I soon start reaping some of the rewards of my training! I hit 38 miles this week! Maybe next week will be the BIG 40!!??

Saturday- My race pace run was quite difficult. I did a 2 mile warm up, 6 miles at pace, and a 2 mile cool down. I hit my paces but every step was an effort.


Sunday- Last week, my 6 miler following my race pace run was quite speedy. In fact, I said: "Maybe once my training gets more intense and I am wracking up more miles, I will be forced to slow down?" Um, I I think my training has officially become more intense than what I am accustomed to. These six miles... man, they were ROUGH!!!



Splits: 8:23, 8:41, 8:43, 8:37. 8:30, 8:16

Monday- Lifting at home! I did upper body, as well as some core/glute exercises that I don't feel like getting into.


Chest Press- 5x10x25lb
Push Ups- 5x10
Band Asst. Pull Ups (wide grip)- 5x6
Band Asst. Pull Ups (neutral grip)- 4x8
Shoulder Press- 5x10x20lb
Bicep Curls- 3x10x15lb
Tricep Dips- 3x15

Tuesday- 8 miler before work. This requires getting up at 5:15am, which sucks, but I got it done. My hamstrings and glutes felt really jacked up for the last half of the workout... not sure why. The feeling was gone by lunch time. This run was not horrible but it didn't feel great.

Splits: 8:34, 8:47, 8:32, 8:13, 8:14, 8:18, 8:14, 8:10

Wednesday- 5 miler. Boy was it WINDY!!!! I was running into the wind and had to push really hard not to get knocked over. I guess you can tell which miles had me running into the wind... I was dodging trash cans this entire run! Dangerous!



Splits: 7:38, 8:21, 8:27, 8:05, 8:01

Thursday- Speed work on the treadmill at Planet Fitness. 400s were on the sked. I did a total of 9 miles. Here's what I did:


Warm Up: 2 miles @ 7.0
12x400 w/ 400 recovery in between (9.2 and 7.0 for recovery)
Cool Down: 1 mile cool down @ 7.0

More mind games, people. I was going to make myself do 8 intervals. But then I decided to do 10. After 10 I thought, "Okay, one more," and by that time I only felt a tiny bit like I might poop my pants, and 12 sounded way more bad ass than 11, so I did that last interval. I only had time for a 1 mile cool down and 9 minutes of walking. I stretched at work because again I was soaked to the bone with sweat.

This meme sums up how I felt about the workout:




Friday- I lifted at home with core and glute stuff sprinkled in! It was almost the exact same workout as Monday. Hey, if it aint broke, don't fix it!


Chest Press- 5x10x25lb
Push Ups- 5x10
Band Asst. Pull Ups (wide grip)- 5x6
Band Asst. Pull Ups (neutral grip)- 4x8
Shoulder Press- 5x10x20lb
Bicep Curls- 3x10x15lb
Tricep Dips- 3x15
Plank w/ Row- 3x10x10lb
Tell me about your best workout this week!

14 comments:

  1. Wow--38 miles. That is awesome. My favorite workout of the week was today. I ran 5 miles around the lake and it was bliss. Getting away from my neighborhood has been helping so much. Another favorite was finally meeting my lifting partner for a weight workout yesterday afternoon. Between being sick and the snow and vacation all in February we hadn't lifted together in a month. It was nice to get back to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah pretty good mileage considering I had 2 lower body rest days! What lake do you run around?

      Delete
    2. Lake Loveland! Right in the center of my town:

      https://www.google.com/search?q=lake+loveland&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjol5m55anLAhXE74MKHb3vBzoQsAQIPQ&biw=1455&bih=705

      Delete
    3. Well that is beautiful! That's exactly why I asked where- I wanted to google pictures!

      Delete
  2. Great job this week! My best workout was my temp run on Thursday. But legs are still tired from it! I am not used to those hard runs anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tempo runs make me tired too! Glad you had a good one. :)

      Delete
  3. I don't know why but my comments won't go through on your blog anymore when I use the Name/URL option. I think it's marking me as spam?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I wanted to tell you that I cannot imagine running 8 miles BEFORE work. You are my hero!

      Delete
    2. That sucks! I am sorry, I will try commenting as myself and doing the name/url option. I will check my security settings too. I hope I can fix it. I am not techy. :( But I get very frustrated when I type a comment on a blog and it doesn't work, so I am so sorry it keeps doing that to you!

      Delete
  4. OMG that workout meme is so me. I don't feel the high of accomplishment until I'm done!!

    Amazing job this week. I can't believe your mileage!! You're killing it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's not super high mileage but it's high for ME. You know I like my two days off a week from running so it is sort of hard to wrack up the miles with only 5 days of running!

      Delete
  5. In all seriousness my best workout this week it was probably yesterday's stormy 8 mile run. Even though today I ran my longest run since the Chicago Marathon, it was really tough so I struggled through the last few miles. Yesterday I just felt so Hardcore being out in the wind and snow covering a hilly route.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw your post 19 miler facebook pic, you looked so happy! :) Glad you had an awesome run! I haven't run 19 miles since... ummm.... 2 yrs ago??? lol

      Delete