A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, March 13, 2016

Hot Topics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Hi readers! I am toying around with the idea of talking about "Hot Topics" from time to time! I was inspired by The View (obviously!), which is one of my favorite TV shows. The View talks Hot Topics at the beginning of each episode, and like them, I am going to keep the definition of "Hot Topic" pretty loose. This is not to say I won't bring up something serious, but I can see myself drifting toward the "fluffy" Hot Topics. It is the weekend, after all. No one wants to think too hard today!

So speaking of a "fluffy" topic, how about Kim Kardashian and the nude selfies!? If you have no idea what I'm talking about, here is a short recap: Kim has posted more nude pictures of herself and people are flipping out about it.

First Full Disclosure: I totally checked out these unedited pictures. I wanted to see what the hooplah was about!

Second Full Disclosure: I am not writing this post in response to any of the stances my Facebook friends have taken on this issue. I wrote this post right after it was talked on The View (which is when it was brought to my attention) and just haven't published it until now.

So here is my view on the Kim K nude selfie stuff... 

I'm a huge proponent of grown ass adults doing whatever they want. If Kim likes sharing nude photos, then good for her. It's her life, her choice.

With choices come consequences (good and bad). I think when Kim posts these pictures, she should reasonably expect some backlash (warranted or not) and be prepared to deal with it.

That's it! I am really not bothered at all by this. It does not affect me. Nudity and sexuality don't make me uncomfortable. I actually think it is disturbing that Americans are so uptight about nudity but have no problems with guns and violence.
Tell me your take on this HOT TOPIC!

17 comments:

  1. Great topic! I don't have any issue with nudity--it's just a body people and we all have one. I do, however, have issue with the Kardashians just because they annoy the hell out of me. I try not to follow any topic related to them because they are so pathetic (I know, that is so mean...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being annoyed the the Kardashians is a valid feeling! I never was really "into" them. I started DVR'ing a couple episodes a few years ago because it was something mindless to watch while I stretched. I had to stop though when I watched this episode when the family was in Thailand. They were on these boats getting a tour through these BEAUTIFUL coves and caves and they were ALL ON THEIR PHONES! It made me so mad!

      Delete
  2. I 100% agree with you - she is a grown woman and can do whatever she wants - it does not bother me. The Kardashians are just taking advantage of their situation and making money - I don't blame them. People watch their show and buy their products - a lot of people DO like them. They are relevant because people keep them relevant. I actually kind of dig them - they are so out there!! Plus, I think they all are rather gorgeous. Have a great Sunday! Kristen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "They are relevant because people keep them relevant." <--- yes!! They are all very beautiful, I agree with you. :)

      Delete
  3. I had no idea this was even going on. I don't follow the Kardashians just because from what I've heard about them they are just ridiculous. Perhaps she was feeling threaten because she is not getting the media attention she wanted. Post a few selfies and now she's back in the spotlight. IDK???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I am glad I brought this important topic to your attention. :)

      Delete
  4. I love that your view on this is literally like, eh whatever. Mine too! It frustrates me that the Kardashians are so famous for literally nothing and that people waste their time talking about them, and I don't particularly like that my adolescent students can see nudity whenever they want, but Kim K is a drop in the bucket. So really, she can do whatever she wants to keep herself famous, and we can look or not look if it bugs us!

    I DEFINITELY agree about the whole American puritanical thing, though. It's really detrimental and it's one reason women's rights, birth control, and abortion are still struggling for acceptance in our country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "So really, she can do whatever she wants to keep herself famous, and we can look or not look if it bugs us!" <--- This! I completely agree.

      There are so many worse things to see than nudity. We all have the same parts, what's the big deal?

      Delete
  5. I'm still stuck on how the Kardashians are even important. What have they ever done to deserve all the attention they seem to receive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not have an answer for that one, other than what Kristen said... They are relevant because people keep them relevant.

      Delete
  6. I'm a little sad this is even news because Who Cares? Truth is lots of people do though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it was the backlash that made it news. That's how I found out about it. Bette Midler tweeted a joke about it and then her and Kim got into sort of a "twitter feud".

      Delete
  7. I had heard that Kim posted more nude pictures, but I haven't yet been compelled to look at them. I mean, didn't she get famous in the first place for having a sex tape leak?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think that is how it all began. Once upon a time...

      Delete
  8. I am sorry your week was rough. :( I hope this week is better.

    I am all about peaceful protests and just peaceful anything! When your violent, it overshadows what could be a valid message!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have yet to see these photos but have heard tons of talk about them. I did see that Bette Midler (sp*) challenged her to use her selfies for good cause.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what type of good cause Bette is referring to??

      Delete