A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, March 21, 2016

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

This week was very challenging. Not only was I mildly sick all week, but the students at school were presenting me with some very.... challenging... behavior. I was just out of energy and patience by Wednesday. Not good. I was so thankful (as always!) for the weekend.

**I do not know what is up with the font size! It's a Meg Go Run Unsolved Mystery!!!**






My morning started with an unscheduled run. I was tired, but it felt good. I was banking on it giving me enough endorphins to get through the work day without being a grumpy teacher... but it didn't. 3:40 couldn't come soon enough!

I had Friday night plans, but they fell through. Instead, I cuddled up in my jammer jams and spent the evening in bed watching Youtube and reading.










I had a very difficult race pace run but I GOT IT DONE!



When I got home, my parents were at our house because my dad was helping Paul fix some plumbing issues and other random things that are breaking in our house.


Then, they took us out for an early dinner, because they are the nicest parents in the world! We went to the Pizza Grille and we ordered enough pizzas so that we'd have some to take home. We ate, talked, laughed, and it was wonderful!


That evening, Paul and I ran a ton of errands which included me getting a new pair of shoes. I can't decide if they're ugly or cute. The last time I bought a pair of shoes that I couldn't tell if they were ugly or cute, they turned out to be cute. So I am confident these will turn out to be cute too.






I also hit up the Dollar Tree and got SEVEN NEW PUZZLES!!!!!!!!!!!!




I wanted to show you that I completed the flip flop puzzle but I accidentally knocked the whole thing over...



After such a hard run the day before, I was surprised that I wasn't sore or aching. Still, I had no plans to run. I lifted upper body since I hadn't done it in almost a week. Then I went for a much needed walk with my friend, Bree. It was not only good for our bodies but good for our souls!

For some reason a run gives me energy but a walk makes me tired. I had no motivation to do anything for the rest of the day besides put on several layers of clothes and work on some puzzles.


 That's my "I'll adult tomorrow" face.

The shoes: Ugly or cute? (I can take it if you think they're ugly!!

Tell me something fun you did this weekend!

23 comments:

  1. I think the shoes are cute! I can't wait for spring/summer shoes & clothes. Sounds like such a fun weekend. Saturday was more NCAA basketball in Denver and yesterday I met up with my friend for lunch and worked on some art in the afternoon. Nice way to wind down the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited for summer clothes too. I tried on about 10 tank tops at Kohl's this weekend!

      Delete
  2. I am not the one to ask for fashion advice but I think they are cute! I was so tired yesterday...going for a walk helped a bit but it was so cold and gloomy out, it was kind of depressing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the shoes will look really good with the right outfit... maybe white capris or white shorts? Or even navy shorts?

    You are so bundled up in your "I'll Adult Tomorrow" picture meanwhile I'm standing in front of the fridge, with no desire for food, just taking advantage of that extra cool air!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really would like to find white jeans or white capris! Maybe that will be my one spring time purchase.

      Delete
  4. I think the shoes are cute. Did you get a snow day today? At least you have lots of puzzles! We have 6+ inches so far and it is supposed to snow all day...so I am baking :)
    Have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We got a teeeeeeeny bit of flurries yesterday for about 10 minutes. No snow day! :)

      It sounds so cozy at your house!!! Enjoy your snow day. :)

      Delete
  5. I went shoe shopping this weekend too but came up empty. It's so hard to find comfy shoes that aren't borderline "old lady-ish". I have aa pair of black Anne Klein shoes that I think are cute (they even have a tiny bow on them) and I had a student say to me "Mrs steel, your wearing your "easys". Does he think I wear Easy Spirit shoes???? Oh as we get older this shoe thing has really become a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya girl! Do you have a DSW near you? There is one in the Cap City Mall and they usually have a really good selection of comfy but stylish. I got some black pointy dr. scholls flats from there and have rocked them all year.

      Delete
    2. I have always had lots of shoes and wore pretty stylish ones each day. I have found this year I have become that teacher that practically wears the same shoes every day!!!!! I have about three pair in rotation but I mostly just wear those black ones. I don't know what I am gonna do come spring? I need a light color pair. Also, it's so hard to find dress shoes that are not open toe. I'll have to make a trip to dSW next time I get down there. Oh, and by the way the NY and CO at Cap mall is not as good as the one at the East mall. Perhaps it's because they still aren't "settled" yet from the transition.

      Delete
    3. We are allowed to wear open toe at our school! Although my feet are so gross I generally don't!

      Delete
  6. I don't know a damn thing about fashion anything so I haven't a clue about your shoes. I put on whatever is sitting by the back door.

    Love that pic of you all layered up. I do that too after I run and shower because I always get so cold. Hope your week is better at school this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it will be better because for one thing, it will be one day shorter!! ;)

      Delete
  7. I would totally wear those shoes. They are a good neutral color and can be paired with almost anything. Plus, they have a nice spring/summer vibe. Wear them with confidence!

    The picture of you all bundled up made me laugh. I hate cranking up the heat and would prefer layers and blankets any day. That being said, we now have the heat a little higher because Axel doesn't do layers well. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you definitely have an excuse to have your heat at a comfortable level. :) Paul and I turned it off last week because it was so warm and we were hemming and hawing over weather to turn it back on or not!

      Thank you I like the shoes too, I think I will be able to pull them off!

      Delete
  8. Those shoes are cute. I'm wearing a similar pair at the moment! Ummmm can we talk about your race pace run!!! AMAZING! You crushed that. I know your Friday night alllll too well. Those are the best nights in my book. I had plans Saturday night and couldn't skip them but I said to my husband, "I wish we could skip everything, get sushi, sit on the couch and fold laundry." Yup. I wanted that more than anything in the world over a party and bowling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Girl, my pace run was soooooo hard. It was horrible after the first 5 minutes. I was to tired. At least I know there is no way that the race could be as hard as that run.

      That stinks you didn't get your sit on the couch sushi night! I would have called them and said, "I'm sorry I can't come to your party, I have to PR in the 5k tomorrow morning." :)

      Delete
  9. I think your shoes are super cute! I would totally wear them. I would also totally wear the outfit you are in in your last photo. I love to bundle up in tons of layers.

    This weekend I did a lot of running and some hiking. This coming weekend is going to be way more exciting, though. I am doing a 24 hour adventure race called Questival!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I am wearing a similar version to that outfit RIGHT NOW. My main goal of every single day is to be able to put PJs back on as soon as possible!

      A 24 hour adventure race!!!!??? Wow!! I can't wait to hear about that!

      Delete
  10. Those Friday night goals...totally me.

    I love those shoes, and your bundled up outfit looks SO familiar...I think I dress like that daily haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a good walk and talk! I hope I get to walk and talk with you sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete