A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, November 9, 2015

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...


Today I just feel like giving you some highlights of my weekend! Sorry for the short post!  Picture me saying this with a sassy tone: "It's my blog and I do what I want."

This weekend I... went to see Jerry Seinfeld perform at the Hershey Theater! He was HILARIOUS. I kept looking over at Paul and he was laughing so hard the entire time. It made me so happy that he was happy!


This weekend I... got some new puzzles at Dollar General. I finished one on Friday night with no breaks and one on Saturday night with no breaks. I started one on Sunday night but didn't finish it.


This weekend I... spent some girl time with my friend Jennifer! Good friends are good for the soul! She gets bonus friend points because she played Scrabble with me!

This weekend I... did a half assed job cleaning the house.

This weekend I... ran the Dover 10 miler with my Dad. My dad did AWESOME and crushed his goal. I did not meet my goal and in retrospect had I known about all the hills, I would not have set such a lofty goal for myself. Ya live, ya learn. Full report on the blog tomorrow!

We got whoopie pies instead of medals!


This weekend I... took this picture of Jelly:

Finish the sentence: This weekend I...
Do my readers that are not from PA know what a whoopie pie is?

27 comments:

  1. Am so loving that picture of Jelly! Way to go to both you & your dad on the race! I have heard of a whoopie pie but I don't really see them much around Colorado. This weekend I cooked and baked up a storm while Rick worked on his puzzle non-stop! It was bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Cheryl. I've heard of a whoopie pie but I don't really see them around much. Actually I don't think I've ever seen one at all! Is it just cream between two soft cookie type things?

    That's so cool that you got to see Seinfeld. Like everyone else from our generation and our parents generation, Adam and I love watching Seinfeld the show but Adam never wants to go when he comes around to do standup. I will have to tell him that you and Paul loved it. Maybe that will convince him to go next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell Adam he will not regret going to see Jerry!

      Yes, whoopie pies are two soft cakes (in cookie formation) with cream in the middle. The original way is chocolate cake with white cream, but of course there are all kinds of incarnations now- red velvet cake whoopie pies, pumpkin, even SHOO FLY.. mmmmm I love shoo fly pie!

      Delete
    2. Ack, I meant SUSAN not Cheryl. I've had Cheryl on my mind since I'm dying to find out how her marathon went over the weekend. Sorry, Susan!!

      I had to look up what Shoo Fly Pie is! haha

      Delete
    3. Oh my Kristina I gotta learn you in PA baked goods!

      Delete
  3. I want that whoopie pie! And your kitty.

    This weekend I...finished my 38th marathon and checked state #30 off my list. It was also my slowest marathon of the year and extremely painful, so it was bittersweet. Hello recovery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU DID IT!!!! I am sorry it was painful :( Now you can relax. Can't wait to read your recap because they are always so good!

      Delete
  4. Your weekend sounds super fun! Congratulations to you and your dad! I do not know what a whoopie pie is LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. CREAM!!!!!!!!! :) If we ever meet up at a race again I will bring you one. Or maybe I can send you some.

      Delete
  5. I have a mean recipe for pumpkin whoopie pies...so good. I can't wait to hear your race recap.
    This weekend I finished the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WHAT!? AND YOU ARE JUST LEAVING US HANGING WITH THAT AND NO OTHER DETAILS????

      Delete
  6. I'm from Canada, and whoopie pie sounds like something that could get me pregnant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sure is! Seeing him so happy made me SO HAPPY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That picture of Jelly is too cute! I can't wait to hear about your race, so awesome that your dad crushed his goal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is such a strong runner. I hope to be a lifelong athlete like he is.

      Delete
  9. When we watch something funny, I always watch Matt! Seeing him laugh makes me feel so good. And I especially love it if it's something I picked out, or something I did, that made him laugh. Sometimes I'll look over and he's crying and laughing and that's just the BEST. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh it makes me happy reading this because I picture him laughing and you being happy and it is just such a great feeling to see those we love being delighted!

      Delete
  10. I am so surprised that they gave out whoopie pies at a race! Where they good? I do like making whoopie pies and whoopie pie cake! Tis the season for it for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is the season! I have never made them before. Do you have a good recipe you could share? The race director said his wife made the whoopie pies- she made 300 this year! It is sort of a small town "homey" type of race. My dad gave us his so Paul ate one last night and said it was really good. I will eat mine eventually! Not tonight... I just ate a lot of peanut butter so I think I am done for right now hahaha!

      Delete
  11. Ive heard of whoopie pie but don't really know what it is! Looking forward to hearing about your race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Methinks I need to do a post dedicated entirely to whoopie pies!

      Delete
  12. Not to totally date myself, but I saw Jerry Seinfeld back in the 80s, before he was famous. And yes, he was hilarious!

    ReplyDelete