A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, November 30, 2013

Fun Holiday Ideas

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
You may remember my post a few months ago entitled Fun Fall Ideas. Read it if you want to, but I may as well spoil you now. We didn't do ANYTHING on the list. We attempted to go to the National Apple Harvest Festival but that didn't work out... so... yeah, we stink at lists of things to do! I mean, I'm really good at making them, but following through is another story!

Even so, I have compiled a list of Fun Holiday Ideas! WE WILL ACCOMPLISH AT LEAST A COUPLE THINGS ON THIS LIST!!! I promise you!!!


Fun Holiday Ideas!!


1. Millersburg's Candlelight Christmas

Well, this event doesn't have a website. Not only that, but it already happened this year and won't happen again until the day after Thanksgiving 2014. But luckily, Paul and I were able to scratch this one off our list this year and have these pictures to share with you... Sorry our camera is so crappy!


Millersburg Gazebo


Tree Lighting!


Brrrr!


Market Street


Selfie!


2. Rocky Ridge Christmas Magic


This is in Rock Ridge County Park near York.

From their website: "Christmas Magic is a 0.5 mile long walking trail (accessible to anyone) that meanders through 600,000 Christmas lights, holiday scenes and five enclosed heated pavilions. The spirit of the Holiday is displayed by using animation, displays, Santa Claus, food and G-gauge train display. The trail sits among a mature oak forest nestled on a quiet mountaintop."

I know you are probably wondering why we don't just go to Hershey's Sweet Lights or Christmas Candylane. Well, it's cheaper, and will probably be less crowded. I'm not knockin' Hershey! I just hate crowds and screaming kids and... wow I sound like a scrooge, don't I? Maybe I better just bag this list and stay home in December!


3. Christkindl Market - Dec 12 - Dec 14



For a few days in December, the main street in Mifflinburg is turned into an authentic German Christmas Market. There is entertainment, food, and vendors. My mom sells her hats there- Hats by Peach! So we will definitely have to visit her if we venture up to the Market.


My Mom's little German hat shop at Christkindl Market!


4. The Pennsylvania Christmas & Gift Show - At the PA Farm Show Dec 4th - Dec 8th.

My mom has sold her hats here for years! If you go, check out Hats by Peach. Also, this is the first year my sister-in-law will sell her photo jewelry, photo blocks, and other unique photo gifts. She'll be right beside my mom, and her business is Debby Dabbles!

Photo: Day 1 of the Gift Show - Done!  I'm beat!

Hats by Peach at the PA Christmas & Gift Show 2012


Debby Dabbles Photo Jewelry


Debby Dabbles Photo Jewelry

This is a huge craft and gift show and a great place to do some Christmas shopping. But take an Ativan if you need to because it can be CROWDED. I always have to be sure I breathe deeply and am well fed before I venture to this place or else I get hangry.


5. Central PA Youth Ballet Presents George Balanchine's The Nutcracker


I am so lucky that not only do I get to see this every year, but I get to take all of my 4th Graders to see it too! This is one of my favorite Christmas traditions. I am in awe of the talent and athleticism of the amazing dancers who perform each year. It also reminds me of how I need to work on my flexibility and start stretching! Here's a little taste for you...



Well, it looks like since Paul and I already hit up Candlelight Christmas and I am guaranteed to be seeing The Nutcracker with the school in December, we only have 3 more things to cross off our list of fun things to do! Do you think we will actually accomplish the who list????


What is on your list of fun holiday activities?

No comments:

Post a Comment