A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Friday, November 1, 2013

Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... I recently learned of the deliciousness of a vegetable called butternut squash. You may have heard of it before.

Butternut squash currently holds the #1 position on my list of favorite vegetables. Wait a sec... I don't have a list of favorite vegetables! I will make one quick.

Meg's Favorite Veggies

#5 Green Beans
#4 Sweet Potatoes
#3 Brussel Sprouts
#2 Roasted Cauliflower
#1 BUTTERNUT SQUASH!!!

So here is the recipe that started it all, my friends. The recipe that caused my affair with butternut squash.

**Note: I am not big on measurements in my recipes. Normally it's just use as much or as little of each ingredient that you would like!**


Roasted Butternut Squash Recipe


Ingredients:

1 medium sized butternut squash
1-2 tbsp Wegman's Basting Oil
dried cranberries or sliced apple
sliced red onion
salt and pepper





Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 450.

2. Cut up your squash into cubes. Be sure to microwave it for 5 minutes before attempting to cut it. I found out the hard way that butternut squash is a BITCH to cut up. And if this recipe weren't so dang good, I would not have attempted to cut one up again. So trust me, microwave the thing first!

3. In a bowl, toss the squash, basting oil, dried cranberries (or apple), and slices of red onion. Salt and pepper to taste. (Everything is "to taste" in my recipes!!!)

4. Spread everything onto a baking pan. (Spray the pan first!) Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until it looks done.



5. Enjoy!!!!!






What is your favorite way to prepare butternut squash?

1 comment: