A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Train to achieve your specific goals!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... I have a job for you! Close your eyes...


Okay, don't close your eyes or you can't read what I want you to do. Keep your eyes open, and answer the following questions honestly:

1. What is my current running goal?
2. What steps am I taking to reach this goal?
3. Are the steps I'm taking going to lead me to my goal... or somewhere else?




It may sound like a no brainer, but if you have a certain goal, be sure most of your training is goal specific.

Are you looking to PR? Then your training best include some speedwork!

Is your race a short distance? Cut back on the long distance running.

Does the course have hills? Run some hills!

Is the terrain on the trail? Run trail!

Sometimes, we do what's easy. We run circles around our neighborhood because it's easier than driving to a trail. We want to run faster, but we don't feel like doing speed work. We walk up a hill because... well, who wants to RUN up a HILL??? We run the same mileage at the same pace every day.

I am guilty of all of this! But I've had my best results when my training was goal specific.


Share with me a time when your training was very goal specific. What did you do to reach your running goal??

No comments:

Post a Comment