A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Thursday, November 28, 2013

So Thankful & A Thanksgiving Recipe

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Happy Thanksgiving!


So Thankful

This year has been crazy. It was the worst year of my life, that is for sure. Of course, a MILLION wonderful things happened as well, many of which I've documented in my blog and you have read about. But getting over the first huge hurdle of my husband's health condition and brain surgery was horrible, to say the least. I am so glad life has finally calmed down for awhile. And I am SO THANKFUL he is healthy and thriving. Even though it was a difficult road, I am thankful that things turned out so well. So it was the worst year in that we had to endure a lot, but it was the best year too because we made it through!


Some more things I am thankful for...


My favorite person in the whole world.



Family



These guys.



Memories of this sweet girl.



My friends. You know who you are.



The healthcare professionals at Johns Hopkins Hospital.




My health.



My favorite place in the whole world.




Now, A Thanksgiving Recipe!!!!


The dish I take to Thanksgiving Dinner is Green Bean Casserole.

I love Green Bean Casserole! My recipe doesn't reinvent the wheel or anything. And I have virtually no measurements to tell you. I just make it up as I go along. If I'm in the mood for cheesey, I add more cheese. If I'm in the mood for healthy, I skip the french fried onions. But here's what I do. Everyone usually likes this dish!


Meg's Green Bean Casserole

Ingredients:

Frozen whole green beans
Sliced tomatoes (I like plum)
Cream of mushroom soup
Shredded mozzarella cheese
French fried onions







Directions:

Mix green beans, tomatoes, soup, and some cheese in a bowl. 





Then pour into a baking dish.




Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes. Add more cheese on top and French fried onions. 
Bake for an additional 5 minutes.



(I'd show you a pic of the finished product but this puppy isn't going
in the oven until 10am! You will just have to use your imagination...
or, I will have to come back and post a pic later!)

Voila! Enjoy!!


What do you take to Thanksgiving Dinner?

2 comments:

  1. Yum. A great list of things to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete