A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Monday, November 11, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My weekend.... in list format!!


Friday


1. I forgot my mp3 player for my morning gym session, which meant I had to think instead of mindlessly listening to pod casts. My current favorite is the Savage Lovecast. Though no one will ever replace my Terry Gross.

  

2. It was a whirlwind day at work because we took the 4th Graders to see the Harrisburg Symphony Orchestra. They do a free program for students. We go every year!



3. We officially started our Christmas shopping on Friday evening! We hit up Kohl's, Ross, and then grabbed dinner at Wegman's. I got sushi. They have okay sushi. But you know who has the best sushi? The Johns Hopkins Hospital cafeteria. I'm not kidding. I had a blue crab roll there that was to die for.




The 5 basic food groups.... salt & pepper, sushi, ground turkey w/ cheese and tomatoes, 
wasabi, and soy sauce.


4. Our crazy Friday night ended at home. We ate dinner while we watched Freaks and Geeks. Oh, and I finally found an ice cream I do NOT like. It is disgusting!!!



I thought I was going to puke.



Saturday


1. My morning started off with a run up the mountain with Kristen. I haven't been on the trail in months. It was WONDERFUL to finally have dirt between my toes! But before that, THIS happened:




2. I had to run some errands Saturday afternoon... which I reeeeeeally did not feel like doing. But I got some new gloves for lifting. Unfortunately, I ended up at the mall, which is a TERRIBLE place to be on the weekends. It was sooooo crowded. My goals is to do the rest of my Christmas shopping online. None of this "dealing with people" shit.



3. The good news about my afternoon excursion is that I found this ice cream... the most DELICIOUS ice cream a gal could ask for.


That's Apple Pie Ice Cream right there.
It has PIECES OF APPLE PIE in it.
If I weigh 600 lbs the next time you see me, it's because of this.


4. Saturday evening was SPECTACULAR. Lauren, Paul, and I met at Center Street Grille and then we went to Dancing with the East Pennsboro Stars! My 4th graders performed and they TORE IT UP!!!



The lovely Lauren and I!



Paul came, but I could not convince him to dress 80s!



And here I thought I would never get to wear these leggings again
after last year's performance...



Sunday




 1. On Sunday morning, I enjoyed reading text messages and Facebook status updates from friends spectating at the Harrisburg Marathon. When I went out for my morning run, I used my friends who were running the race as inspiration for the couple miles I was going to complete.



2. Almost immediately after my run, I had a walking date with my friend, Bree. It was really windy out there! But we managed to walk over four miles covering many topics from Thailand to Dumb and Dumber.


3. Like I said last weekend, it's a good Sunday when you don't have to get out of your pjs. Well, I did get out of my pjs for my run and my walk, but by 3pm I was back in my pjs, and that is where I stayed for the remainder of the day!



4. I did manage to accomplish one other thing. I made slow cooker Pumpkin Custard Oatmeal. I'm not sure how I came across this recipe, but I was feeling super adventurous today, so I tried it out! I did not add the honey because we didn't have any. I plan on adding vanilla protein powder when I eat it. That will make it sweet AND more protein-y.


5. Oh, I also kicked Paul's ass in Monopoly Deal.



6. And this happened...



The cats had their weekly weigh in tonight!

Jelly - lost .4lbs this week, .6lbs total
Christmas lost .2lbs this week, .4lbs total

Slow and steady!! That way they keep the weight off! I'm proud of my boys.


Tell me what you did this weekend!

Have you ever had ice cream that was super disgusting???

No comments:

Post a Comment