A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, December 16, 2017

Weekly Workouts



Ayoooo! (That's the greeting Paul and I always give each other.) There was a lot of running going on this week- nearly 40 miles! I think I shall take off today and Sunday. This 'ol body needs some TLC!

Saturday- 6 AWESOME MILES. Guys I had the best run in a LONG TIME. There was no special route- I just ran around my hood and the nearby park. It was snowing, which made it magical, but that's not why it was such a good run. My body felt light and fast, like it used to. It was a feeling I hadn't had in a long time. I'm not sure why I had such a great run. Maybe after weeks of bad and ho-hum runs I was just finally due to have a great day. I'll take it!



Sunday- 15.5 miles at Swatara Park with my Daddio. Omg I was NOT ready for this run. This was my fourth day of running in a row... I normally don't run four days in a row and I DEFINITELY don't run 15 miles on the fourth day! My dad was running a challenging pace so I just tried to keep up with him. I ditched the last small loop and ran back to my car because my legs were just SO TIRED. He completed 17 miles and had to run the last little bit alone. I fell once and ALMOST fell three times... my legs just were not handling it that day.


I call this pic: "15.5 miles is e-FREAKING-nough!

Monday- Lifting chest @ home. I was still creaky from my trail run the day before but not too creaky. I started with 150 push ups, then did some core work, shoulder press, and chest press.

Tuesday- Lifting back @ home. I did two different styles of pull ups, row, bicep curls, and some core work. 

Wednesday- 6 miles in FIVE DEGREES! I felt completely recovered from my impromptu trail run on Sunday and I was excited to go run some morning miles. The bad part was with the wind chill, the real feel was only 5 degrees! I wore my warmest clothes and luckily, it only sucked when the wind blew... and it wasn't blowing the whole time so it was actually an okay run. I have run in worse!



Thursday- 6 miles. My friend Betsy assured me we would have a 2 hour delay due to overnight snow. Well, there was a dusting of snow but no delay. So out I went to run the snow covered streets. Not all the roads in my hood had snow, so i tried to stick to the ones that were clear.



Friday- 6 miles. It was pretty cold again. The only thing that gets cold on me are my hands. I wear two pairs of dollar store knit gloves but I think I have to start bringing stuffing two more pairs in my pocket so I can switch mid run. Maybe I should stuff some hand warmers in there too!

How do you keep your hands room when it is FREEZING? Like, below 20 degrees?

8 comments:

  1. That snow looks super cold.

    The best way to keep hands warm is definitely those hand warmers but that gets expensive unless you buy a big box from Costco or Sam's. We rarely get below 20 degrees here (read, almost never). GOOD gloves or mittens help too, not the cheap kind even if those are easy to toss when running if you get warm.

    You had a big week of running so I don't blame ya to take a day off! I've taken this whole WEEK off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have bought the good kind but they never work for me. Maybe I do need to invest in hand warmers! Even if I just use them once a week, are they like a dollar? The doubled up dollar tree gloves work for like above 25 degrees.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that is dedication that you are running in 5 degrees. I'm a wimp and won't run below 20, but since I run during the day I usually don't have to worry about that as it usually doesn't get that low.

    Is your dad training for a race?

    We did have a delay on Thursday. It was nice to sleep in a bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I believe my dad is running some trail to train for the race. Jealous you had a delay! :) If I don't feel like running in the super cold I don't, but most days I just do it.

      Delete
  3. You guys are having worse weather than Colorado. Just a super light dusting but day temps in the 60s! Yesterday it was 16 when I went out and I wear these insulated mittens that are a size too big and I use hand warmers. I am able to hold the warmers in my fist. My hands stay super warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! I am surprised at how warm it is there. I wonder what it's like up on Trail Ridge Road? :)

      Delete
  4. We woke up hoping for a 2 hour delay on Thursday too!! but nothing! We were all disappointed.

    I have no advice on keeping your hands warm... sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope we get lots of delays this year but no many cancellations.

      Delete