A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up!

Happy Monday!
It was a fun weekend... we went to Cape May, NJ!
Ugh, we were in the same state as Trump...

FINALLY I had a good night's sleep! It is amazing how cruddy I feel when I am tired and how WONDERFUL I feel after I am well rested! When I woke up, I told Paul I felt like a new woman. Then I proceeded to sing and dance to Man, I Feel Like A Woman in the kitchen. I'M SO MUCH FUN WHEN I'M NOT TIRED!!!!

I had to drink my iced coffee out of a leftover penis straw from Karen's bachelorette party. I turned it upside down because the penis straw is actually really gross.

I fiddled around on my computer for most of the morning, but not for too long because I had a lot to do! I'm proud to say I got a lot done, and I'm going to list it all here so that you think I am super woman!

1. Cleaned the entire house including pee spots.
2. Ran errands.
3. Did yard work.
4. Packed for Cape May.
5. Got everything ready for the cats/cat sitter.
6. Took out the trash.
7. Worked on my puzzle.
8. Shaved my legs.

I think I set a record for the LEAST amount of days I drove around with bags of clothes to take to Good Will in my car. ONLY TWO DAYS!!!!

And now some funnies from Chrissy...

I can't eat under this pressure!

He's an Ameri-CAT!

I did not sleep at ALL this night. It took forever to fall asleep due to a bad thunder and lightening storm. Then I woke up at 1:25am and COULD NOT FALL BACK ASLEEP. I finally got out of bed at 3:25 and at 4:22, I went for a run. Two hours of sleep. Omggggg how was I going to function!?

I did six miles and I was faster than I had been in a long time! We're talking low 8s! I was really scared running. With it being a Saturday, there was NO ONE out that early. Luckily, I got the run done without being murdered.

At 6:00am, we hit the road for CAPE MAY. I was not looking forward to driving 3 hours (turned out to be 4 due to traffic and bathroom stops) but I knew once we got to the beach I'd get to RELAX.

We were staying for one night at a huge house right on the bay as guests of our friends, Cheetah and Maggie. Maggie's parents were staying at the place for two weeks, but we were just staying for one night since her parents would be gone for that one night, hence, there being room for us.

We got to sleep in the MASTER BEDROOM. It had huge ceilings, I four post king size bed, a balcony facing the water, and a huge bathroom (about as big as our bedroom at home!) with a huge soaker tub! We did not soak. But someday, I want to soak in a tub like that!

The first thing we did was get a yummy breakfast. I splurged and got a huge orange juice! I normally don't like to drink a ton of sugar (unless it is wine!).

Then we hit the BEACH! It was a really windy day, but other that that, it was awesome.

 Maggie and her brother, David

Da boyz!

You will NOT BELIEVE who I ran into outside one of the comfort stations on the beach... Sorry, you will have to wait until THURSDAY for that story! It will be worth the wait... especially if you are a SURVIVOR FAN!

After our beach day, we went back to the house to shower. Then we headed to a restaurant called Fins for dinner. Unfortunately, the wait was an hour and a half! It was already 7:30. I was so hungry and tired, there was no way I was going to be able to wait until 9pm to eat. I'd pass out by then...

So we found a place on the mall very close by called Cape May Fish Market. I will now copy paste the review I posted on TripAdvisor and yelp... just so you don't make the same mistake we did!!


I will start out saying that the hostesses and waiter were very nice. The food was divine.

However, this place was severely understaffed. We arrived around 7:45 on a Saturday evening- Aug 5th, to be exact. We were told the wait for a table of 5 was 25-30 minutes. We ended up waiting over 40. That's okay, seating people is not an exact science. However, we waited at least 10 minutes until our waiter came over to get our drink order. By that time we knew what we were ordering for our meals so we went ahead and ordered everything.

Drink orders: 5 waters, 1 soda, a bottle of wine.

It took at least 10 minutes for the waters and soda to arrive. The wine came 5 minutes later, and 5 minutes after that, the wine glasses. Obviously we were all rather annoyed by this point. We had ordered sweet potato fries for an appetizer because we were STARVING. We were assured they would arrive shortly...

45 minutes later, our entrees came. Our sweet potato fries came AFTER our entree...

I was VERY disappointed. I can only assume the kitchen was severely understaffed. This restaurant should not seat more people than they can reasonably accommodate. 

Despite the fact that the food was delicious, we will not be going back. I realize things happen, but no one warned us that everything would have taken so long. We were very disappointed in our experience here. It is a shame, since as I said, the food was very good.

Waiting for dinner. I look weird. Tired???

Cheetah demonstrates Third Position as we wait to be seated for dinner.

We didn't get home until after 10pm! I was sooooo freaking tired and almost died of happiness when I crashed into bed!

I slept until 10:15!!! It was glorious! When I woke up, I joined Paul on the deck. Soon after, Cheetah and Maggie arrived with coffee for everyone. Dave woke up soon and we all chilled. It was a great morning!

Then I went for a 6 miler ON THE BEACH. It actually wasn't that bad as I ran where the sand was packed down. I ran down to the ferry and back.

Then Paul and I took the kayak out on the bay. The bay was nice and warm and it was crazy how far you could go out and it was still shallow- below the waist. We kayaked for a good hour and a half. I'm so glad we did it. I was a little scared that there would be a current that would pull us out but there wasn't.

When we got back to the house, Maggie's parents had arrived! It was so nice to be able to chat with them. They are wonderful people and I wished we could've spent more time, but we had to leave soon so we wouldn't get home super late.

I have a story for you about our trip home, but that will come on FRIDAY. Man, don't miss Thursday and Friday's blog posts!!!
What do you order when you go out for breakfast?
Have you ever been to Cape May?
Did you ever do any water sports in the ocean or bay?
Running ON the beach: Yay or Nay?


  1. What a great little trip!
    Is the pic of you and Paul waiting for dinner at the house or at the restaurant? I just ask cus that's the wall color I wanted in my house!

    1. It was at the house. It was a cool color and the light fixture above the table was soooo cool!

  2. We probably did pass each other on the turnpike! Did you get stuck in traffic? The one exit had traffic backed up for a long time!

    What a beautiful place to stay !! You have so many awesome friends! I'm going to make it a goal to befriend people who have a house at the beach!

    We have never been to Cape May, but we might check it out next year. We go every summer for Roger's aikido seminar, and we do a beach trip on one of the days we are there. We were not impressed with Ocean City.

    1. I think you would like Cape May a lot. We hit traffic through Philly... like a 1/2 hour of traffic. :( Cape May has a lot of victorian style houses, horse and carriage rides (which I don't believe in) and an outdoor cobble street mall! There is no boardwalk, but there are shops and restaurants on the road that it right on the beach.

  3. I'm so jealous of the CLEAR AIR. Although I am NOT jealous of your shitty sleep. I've been roaming around the house at all hours of the night lately too but my sleeps aren't THAT bad. You poor thing. What about taking melatonin or something?

    I want a penis straw to drink out of ALL the time.

    1. I knew you would like my penis straws!!! :) Luckily I only have a really bad night once in awhile. I hope you get some good sleep soon!!!

  4. I did wear my sneakers, and I didn't really get any sand in them because I stayed where it was packed. I used to run in the loose sand but I aint got time for dat anymore!

  5. I get really cranky when restaurants are slow. Probably because I'm hungry.