Today, I'm just going to share 5 random things about the last week!
1. First of all, I am sorry if I suck at reading/commenting on blogs and Facebook right now! I am a bit overwhelmed with getting back into the swing of things with work and piano lessons. It's just hard at the beginning of the year because I have to work about 5 times as hard to make sure the students are following all the rules and procedures. After about a month or two, I will be able to relax a little because the students will be accustomed to doing everything on their own by then. But right now, it is very... rigorous? Monotonous? I don't know how to describe it. Oh, I know! ALL CONSUMING!
This meme is so true.
In August I am like: "I can change the world!!!!!!"
In May I am like: "WHEN IS SUMMER GOING TO BEGIN????
2. They changed all the toilet paper and soap dispensers at our school. The toilet paper rolls suck. The paper breaks and you have to be soooo careful and nit-picky about getting it off the roll. The soap dispensers are higher than they were the last 13 years so every time I instinctively jut my hand out to get soap, I bang it into the wall instead of the dispenser.
3. I thought I lost all my lesson plans when they re-imaged my work computer over the summer but it turns out I DID BACK THEM UP! However, I am going to try to make it a goal not to use the same lesson plans that I have been using for years. I need to switch things up for my OWN sanity. This will be more time consuming, because even if I use an old lesson plan, I do tweak it. It's harder starting from scratch. But I'm up for the challenge! For now, anyway. Ask me in January how I am feeling...
4. The eclipse was awesome! I did not make seeing the eclipse a priority. In fact, I didn't even have a way to view it because I didn't have glasses. But during my plan period, my friend Barb grabbed me, put a pair of glasses in my hand, and walked me out to the back playground to see the eclipse. I thought it was so cool! I am really glad I got to see it. So I'm looking at this article and it seems like the next total eclipse in North America will be in 2024. That's not too far away. Don't you think it's amazing that they can calculate when they are going to happen? To me, the calculation and the knowledge of science is even more impressive than the eclipse itself!
5. Guys, the first couple days of teaching kindergarten is a SHIT SHOW! I don't know how else to describe it! They say teaching kindergarten is like herding cats, but I'm here to say it is much worse than that! I have so many hilarious stories I could tell you but it wouldn't be appropriate for me to talk about them on here. But yes, I did make a kindergartener cry, (all I said was, "It's not your turn to talk right now.") and during music class a couple of them blurted out, "I want to go home." HAHA ME TOO! No seriously, full day kindergarten is a LONG DAY and I am not a fan of it. I don't think it's developmentally appropriate for 5 year olds to be in school all day long. In fact, it's not developmentally appropriate for 35 year olds to be in school all day long... HAHAHAHA!!!