A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Saturday, July 2, 2016

I am an UNOFFICIAL Ambassador!

There are a couple places in this world that I will sing the praises of to anyone who is willing to listen! I even brag that some of these establishments should put me on their payroll as an ambassador! But for now, I am only an ambassador in the unofficial capacity. 

Here my friends, are the 3 places I will always, always love... and will urge you to love them too!

1. Knoebels. America's largest free admission amusement resort! That's right, you do NOT need to pay to get into Knoebels! To ride rides, you can either purchase tickets and pay per ride as you go, or purchase a hand stamp and have unlimited rides. Knoebels has kiddie rides, family rides, and thrill rides. There is basically something for everyone! Even DOGS can ride the carousel, pioneer train, and antique cars! 

Don't like spending money on food? Picnic! You can bring food and drink into the park!

Knoebels is shady and has lots of bathrooms and benches. There is a pool, camping, mini golf, arcade, games, and free entertainment!

WHY ARE YOU NOT AT KNOEBEL'S RIGHT NOW????




2. Aldi. I wrote specifically about this awesome grocery store in my post Why Aldi is Awesome. But the short story is absolutely everything is cheaper at Aldi than it is at other grocery stores. 

Let me answer a couple of questions I frequently get about Aldi...


No, the food is not expired or almost expired.

Yes, you can get healthy foods there.

They do have organic fruits and vegetables.

They do have gluten free foods.

You may not be able to do absolutely all of your shopping there, but you can probably do a lot of it!

For instance, we don't get cat food and litter at Aldi because they don't carry the brand we use. The only fresh herb I have ever since there is cilantro. I can also find chicken breast cheaper at Wegman's ($1.79lb). But that's it! Everything else on my normal grocery list I am able to get at Aldi!

If you have never been to Aldi, I implore you to try it! Or take this virtual tour! 



3. Colorado. Paul and I have a love affair with Colorado and things are getting serious. But really, we have seen so many beautiful sights in Colorado that have taken our breath away. We have vacationed there three times, so if you ever plan on going there and need tips on what to do, please contact me! I'd love to share the details of the awesome things we did! But off the top of my head I can think of...



Are there any places or companies you wish you could be an official ambassador for?

16 comments:

  1. Knoebel's sounds awesome! It's good that they do a hand stamp or tickets format for the rides; I think more parks should do that because it's good for someone who doesn't want to ride all the rides because you don't feel like you "wasted" the entrance fee to the park.

    I love Aldi! The one closest to me is 30 minutes away and I don't get to that area often, but I always stop in when I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Like grandparents, or people who medically can't ride but still want to have fun with their friends and family.

      I am glad you are an Aldi lover! That stinks that it is not close. I know I am spoiled that is is only a mile away from me.

      Delete
  2. Aldi is awesome! I was trying to convince my sister to shop at Aldi for all their basics. She wasn't into it.

    I wish I could be the ambassador for Mids8taco, because I love their tacos!! Pippa said she would think about it! I promised to advertise their tacos for recovery food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So your sister is not into SAVING TONS OF MONEY??????

      I never heard of Mids8taco. Will look them up!

      Delete
  3. A free amusement park?! I love! What a great option for anyone who wants to go enjoy a great time and not spend a ton of money. And thank you for being an unofficial ambassador for Colorado. We kind of like it too! I sing praises to my PT, my acupuncturist and my massage therapists -- all part of "Team Sharp". They keep me healthy and happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Team Sharps sounds awesome! I want to say you are lucky you have a team but not lucky you need one! That's how I feel about my chiro. Glad I have him, but every time I leave I say hopefully I won't see you again for awhile!

      Delete
  4. We took our labs to knobels a few years ago and all they wanted to do was stand y the fence and watch the kids swim at the pool!
    We took Belle by herself once (cus she's better in crowds) and she rode the train with us. I remember there were kids in line for one of the roller coasters and they were pointing to her and laughing as we went by. They were saying "hey, look at that dog on the train, haha". Belle looks like a cartoon character anyway, so it was pretty funny. I had no idea that they can ride the cars too. I will try putting her on that next time. I don't think she would enjoy the carousel though. If you haven't already read it, you should check out my post "taking your dog to the amusement park".

    Oh, and I love that I can get organic apples for Baylee at Aldi for half the price! I don't get there often but I do enjoy the bargains and they do have great produce!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is too bad they don't have a doggie pool at Knobels! I will totally read your post about taking your dog to an amusement park. :) I wish I had a dog to take there. Not kids. A dog. ;)

      Delete
  5. I could be an ambassador for Publix (although I think EVERYONE in Florida feels that way) and Fit2Run. Also, TJ Maxx and Amazon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do you like Publix so much??? We don't have those around here.

      Delete
    2. Oh yes! I could be an ambassador for Amazon too! I feel certain that they lose money on my Prime membership! :D

      Delete
  6. I could be an ambassador for the turkey burgers they have in the prepared foods section of Fresh Market. I seriously LOVE them. I need to ask what seasoning they use because it's perfect. I have to stop buying them because they are so expensive but I love them very much! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I bet they would tell you how they made them!

      Delete
  7. I agree with you about Aldi's! I LOVE IT THERE! Some of my family associates it with "being poor." It totally is not - it is a smart way to shop. We do a majority of our shopping there and get the rest at Walmart. The only problem with our Aldi's is the produce section. We have to be very careful because a lot of stuff will get mold. But I would recommend it to everyone as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS a smart way to shop. We easily save hundreds, if not thousands of dollars a year shopping there!

      Delete
  8. I would love to give you CO advice!! Let me know. ;)

    I need to drink Nuun more often. I haven't had it since before vacation.

    ReplyDelete