A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

More Colorado

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

After a day in Denver, we drove down to Manitou Springs and stayed for two nights! We did all kinds of fun things like...

Visited Garden of the Gods, one of the most beautiful places I have ever been!






Explored Historic Downtown Manitou. We got our favorite- mac and cheese pizza from Hell's Kitchen.



Then we played arcade games!


This was a grip test. Paul scored one level higher than me, but that is because I am delicate.


I LOVE DEAL OR NO DEAL AND WILL PLAY IT ANYWHERE!





Manitou Springs is a very quaint little town!

The next morning, I ran The Incline. More on that later because it deserves it's own post... but here are a few pictures. (FYI, it was the hardest physical thing I have ever done!)



I forgot my hydration pack in the hotel room... so I had to buy bottled water... That's why there is a bottle of water in my hand and one in my sports bra! Once I was done I just crushed it and stowed it in there.

Then we went up the Pike's Peak Cog Railway. We saw the most beautiful sights I have ever seen in my lift. The summit was over 14,000 feet, so there was snow up there and it was really chilly!





 We saw a yellow bellied marmot! They live on the mountain, and this one was exploring the railroad!





Have you ever been to Manitou Springs or Pike's Peak?
What's the highest elevation you have ever experienced?

15 comments:

  1. What a fun trip! Love all the photos. Can't wait to hear about The Incline. You are anything but delicate to do that! I have been to both those places. Just rode that train last year.I have been up over 14,000 feet quite a bit -- even when you live around 5,000 feet it still can take your breath away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe how beautiful Colorado is and you get to LIVE there!!! :) PA is beautiful too, but it is a different kind of beauty. Same with NM... we are here now and we can't decide which is more pretty- CO or NM. But they are apples and oranges so I guess you can't compare!

      Delete
    2. I know--we feel really blessed to live here. I love to see it thru your eyes, though. It gives me even more of an appreciation!

      Delete
  2. The highest elevation I have ever been is about 38,000 feet. In a plane. ;)

    Mount Si is the only mountain I've ever climbed and I think it's just over 4,000 ft. Coming from sea level though man that climb was HARD. I am so impressed by runners who can tackle 14ers. People who take on Nolan's 14 in Colorado.... damn!

    http://www.mattmahoney.net/nolans14/

    I am looking forward to hearing about The Incline!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 4,000 feet would be hard for me too! It was hard to catch my breath in CO... just walking made me winded at times- especially uphill. And they are a little over 5000 above sea level.

      Delete
  3. I have been to Pike's Peak--WAY BACK WHEN...I was trying to see Dave at the USAFA...
    I am just catching up on your blog...Dave has arthritis in one of his knees...He biked for a bit to get it "calmed down" and now he bikes and runs like a beast. One thing he has noticed flip-flops instantly make his knee hurt...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that arthritis info! The more I hear stories like that, the more it gives me hope. I hope I was just experiencing a flare up. My Dr. called yesterday but I was on top of a Mesa at Tent Rocks and did not get reception! Hope they call again today. :)

      Delete
  4. I've been there. It's very cute. You should visit Utah if you think Garden of the Gods is beautiful. You would be blown away! Man and Cheese Pizza? OMG! Looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not realize how beautiful Utah was until this past year.. watching your video and hearing about a friend's trip. I must put it on the list! Paul and I were talking about how we can't believe people go to Europe before they see all the beautiful stuff right here in our country.

      Delete
  5. I am loving all of your pictures and updates! I haven't spent much time in Colorado and would love to visit and explore. I hear it has a lot of similarities to Oregon, which is probably why it hasn't been high on my travel list. The hiking there looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand that, I am sure you would rather see a place that is different from where you already live. This is definitely different than PA! PA is beautiful, but in a different way. :) I am going to catch up on blogs soon... I have a post from you bookmarked. Hope all is going well with babyyyy!

      Delete
  6. Nooooo I don't want to be chilly in June, I wanna be hot! We have been in Santa Fe for the past several days and it is HOT! Should be called Hotta Fe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These views are unreal!

    I can't wait to to hear about the run!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to hear about the run! I need to get my ass to Colorado. Every time I see pictures, I want to go. I should just bite the bullet and buy a plane ticket to visit one of my best friends who lives there.

    I've been to over 14,000 feet on top of the mountain on the big island in Hawaii. It was harder for me to breathe at the 9,000 ft pit stop they force you to take than it was at the top. I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be worth it!! Run the incline and do Pike's Peak!!

      Delete