1. Remember how I was having trouble sleeping? NO MORE! I have been falling asleep so easily these past couple weeks! Of course I have probably just jinxed myself, but that is how confident I am feeling about my new found ability to fall asleep just moments after I close my eyes.
I don't look quite as precious as Jelly when I sleep.
2. Pennsylvania weather has been WEIRD lately. A couple mornings this week, it was freezing during my runs. Then by the time school let out, it was in the 60s! Wednesday morning was different. I ran in shorts and a short sleeve shirt. I treasured every moment of the warm weather run because I have a feeling it will be my last one for awhile. I need to live in a climate where it never dips below 50 and doesn't go above 80. Where would that be?
3. Paul and I are recovering DQ addicts. This summer, we got into the habit of getting Blizzards several times a week. It was getting expensive... and caloric. Well, on Wednesday night we succumbed to our desires and drove down to DQ. I got a delicious pumpkin pie Blizzard. But I don't know why I had to order myself a medium!!?? Mediums are HUGE! And I am totally full a little over halfway through... yet I eat the rest of it anyway. I have to have the strength to order a small next time.
This is basically me after a medium Blizzard...
4. The morning after the DQ incident, I panicked a little, and ran 8 miles to make up for overdoing it the night before. Running extra miles to make up for overeating usually doesn't work for me. I just end up being extra hungry the next day due to the extra running! But I did enjoy my run. The weather was nice, I felt strong, and I had a good pod cast to listen to. It was a very peaceful experience and I was in the mood for it. The extra endorphins also made me an extra happy teacher that day.
5. Speaking of needing to be an extra happy teacher... my fourth graders started learning the RECORDER on Wednesday! It is a very exciting time. I love seeing them learn and get better. Some parents think the recorder is an annoying instrument, but seriously, my students only squeak like the first week. After that, they sound pretty good!
Deal with it, parents! The more they practice, the better it sounds!
6. Thanks everyone for your kind words about my Dancing with the East Pennsboro Stars video! One of my 2nd grade students really liked it. Look what she made me...
Inside that little pouch was this bracelet!
I tried to make this all "QVC" looking but I didn't do a good job.
Also, my arms are kind of hairy.
What a sweetie pie!
7. And I just have to leave you with this... because, I like to think I speak the TRUTH on my blog, and there's nothing more TRUTH than this:
What is the weather like in your neck of the woods?
If you run extra, are you just extra hungry?
Did you play the recorder in elementary school? Did your kiddos?