Ever since the school year started, I have been doing most of my midweek strength workouts at home. I have the equipment necessary to do chest/shoulders/triceps (aka pushing) and legs but still don't have what I need to work my back. That would require a pull up bar and some TRX cables. So while I still schlep to Planet Fitness for pull ups, I have really been enjoying my early morning workouts at home.
Here's what I use:
- beach towel
- kettlebell (15 lbs- wish it were 20 lbs)
- piano bench (we have a weight bench downstairs but it's easier just to use this!)
- stability ball
- 15 lbs dumbbells
- 22.5 lb power block weights (We have a whole set downstairs.)
Good for more than just piano lessons!
Weird power block weights... I'm not a fan but they work for now.
These are the exercises I like to do to work my chest and legs:
Overhead Tricep Extension
Kettle Bell Swings
Bulgarian Split Squats
Obviously, there are all kinds of wonderful perks to working out at home!
1. Sleeping in! If I go to PF, I have to get up at 5:30 am. If I stay home, I can roll out of bed at 6:00 am.
2. Nancy Grace! There's nothing like hearing Nancy squawking in the background while I'm banging out some push ups.
3. Jelly! He's just beautiful, and that's the end of the story.
4. Hydrating with coffee! Do as I say, not as I do.
5. Showering at HOME. Although right now I bet the showers at the gym are cleaner than mine! It's on my weekend to do list, I promise.
Do you work out at home? What are the biggest perks?
Do you have any cool equipment you could recommend?