A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

A blog about my life, fitness and fun! (...and maybe a few cat pictures...)

Sunday, September 21, 2014

Sunday Funday - 100s Workout!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

What is Sunday Funday you ask? Well, it's the day of the week I will share some new ideas for workouts. Most of you have your RUNday on Sunday. So after your long run, kick back with some carbs and check out the Sunday Funday workout you can use later in the week!

Today's Sunday Funday Workout is a 100s Workout! 100s workouts are quick and fun. They are not easy. I always think they will be easy but they never are! Watch the video below, or read on for more info on how to do a 100s Workout.



Warning: This video is raw. I never like how I look/sound in these videos
but you guys tell me you like them so I keep doing them. One take, that's it.
If it sucks or I look silly, too bad, it's going on THE BLOG!

So the "hook" of the 100s workout is that you do 100 reps of an exercise, then 90 reps of a different exercise, then 80, and so on until you get down to 10 reps of an exercise. If you have enough energy, you do it all again!

Here is a 100s workout you can try!
(From the video)

100 jumping jacks
90 step ups
80 second side plank (40 each side)
70 high knees
60 second wall sit
50 bicycle crunches
40 mountain climbers
30 squats
20 burpees
10 push ups

But you don't have to do mine! You can make up your own! Just make sure you mix up the body parts... You wouldn't want to do 30 kettle bell swings and then 20 jump squats. Your legs would be jelly! Mix it up so you hit different body parts and don't have to take any breaks. It saves times and makes it less boring.

Enjoy!
Any other ideas for exercises that would work great in a 100s Workout?
Have you ever done a 100s workout?

Disclaimer: I am a personal trainer, but I am not YOUR personal trainer. These exercises are not prescriptions. Please check with your doctor before starting any workout program.

8 comments:

  1. I am still loving the videos...raw or not...lol. I would have never thought to include things like planks or wall sits for a 100s workout! Great idea :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I have a hard time figuring out what exercises are actually WORTH doing so many times right in a row. That was my solution.

      Delete
  2. I have seen this workout on Pinterest but I think it was different moves! I'm writing this one down to use! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you can do whatever moves you want! Feel free to change it and make it even better for you. You can even do an upper body/core focused one to do this week while you are resting your leg.

      Delete
  3. Wow, such a great idea! Definitely going to try this out at the gym tonight - who said non-running days couldn't be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I think I will try it AFTER my marathon. My strength training has been lacking!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love workouts like this!!! When I taught a summer bootcamp I did a similar type workout but did it pyramid style so we started with the 10 went up to the 100 and then back down. Fun times!!!

    ReplyDelete